Posts by 100 yrs

this is really interesting to read, thanks for taking the time to clip out the discussion. i know personally, my interest in alden has dropped off sharply. some due to my evolving tastes but some due to alden. i didn't really want to post anything because guys in this thread have great experiences, but i'd like to vent a little bit. My last four attempted purchases in the past 2 years:- my pre-order size (C width) was not made, therefore not delivered. not even a shell...
don't want to undercut your GMTO, but if it falls through i'm probably going to be listing a pair soon from the last run (size UK 8E). Lightly worn but still in great shape.
someone sent a message saying they would do the BIN price on my listing if I could wait until the 24th (about a week after the listing ends) for payment. seems ok, guy has decent feedback, but am i missing some weird scam i'm not smart enough to recognize? obviously i won't ship until i get paid.
edit: moved, forgot there was an ebay thread
they are trubalance (leffot version with the commando sole). they are a c width so they are narrower, but still very much a trubalance blob
Does anyone know the weight of the wool lining on the monitaly mountain parka?
for those asking about the jonah: i'd recommend tts. i'm a 9C/D on brannock and i ordered a 9D. i could maybe see someone going 1/2 size up if you had a high instep or something. snake oil provisions, which has the best stock photos of the boots, advises is to go with your sneaker size which is not very helpful. cowboy chief and lucchese both recommended brannock size. the leather and finish are both really nice. the quality is easily on par, if not better than, what i've...
Lucchese Jonah La portenga fat carter
i don't know if this makes me feel better or worse but i've been listening to it
Anyone know the sizing for those lucchese Jonah boots mentioned a few pages ago? Snake oil says tts but then they reference vans sizing so I don't trust it. I also really enjoy the 2016 in review posts. I'll give it a shot but be warned I'm squarely in biz casual dadwear territory: Fav purchases: -Brecon chukkas from c&j. One of the few chukkas I can fit with my skinny heels, goes with pretty much everything I like to wear - masterpiece weekender from nmwa - ocbds/sport...