or Connect

Posts by 100 yrs

i sprayed with suede protector when first purchased in the fall. the jeans are 3-sixteen shadow denim that haven't been washed, so they bleed pretty easily.
thought i would share this as there are questions about alden suede periodically. got caught in the rain the other day. pic of the shoes when i first got home, rain drops are obvious: pic from the next morning, you can see some spots still there after the water dried and then after brushing with an allen edmonds suede cleaner thingy as you can see it all turned out well in the end. you can see up by the speed hooks that there is some dye transfer from my jeans,...
those look great. just curious, why wait until warmer weather? because of snow? i've been wearing suede all winter and loving it.
selling my black shell captoe boots once i get the black indies on commando from leffot is a bad idea, right? maintaining a one in one out policy is tough
For sale is a pair of Alden brown CXL chukkas on double waterloc soles and the Barrie last . I tried a few things to address fit issues because I like the style so much, but to no avail. I had a third eyelet added by a local cobbler. and then had forum affiliate B. Nelson add a back liner (as can be seen by the lighter color lining leather in the pictures). These are a size 8.5D Barrie (which fits more like a 9D as the barrie runs a half size large) but with the...
i've seen it in store, and almost purchased it. as is usually the case with aldens, they look way better in real life than in the pics. i don't remember it being quite as orangish/red as it appears on the website.
i also "suffer" from narrow heels/low instep/low volume foot so i feel your pain. an A/D shoe would work really well for me, but unfortunately Alden no longer offers combination lasts that deviate more than two letters (i.e. more than A/C, B/D, or C/E), even though they still market this feature. it's for this reason i mostly stick to alden boots now as the extra lacing provides better support and a more comfortable fit. luckily i'm more of a boot guy than an lwb guy. i...
sometimes cobblers just cannot help themselves and go to town. it's happened with cxl with me before as well. i tried a few things to no avail, but it eventually faded away over time on its own. i also used to be squarely in the topy camp, but now i'm not so sure. it does add traction but i feel like the soles on the non-topied shoes i have have broken in more comfortably than the ones with topy, specifically double leather. but i'm probably imagining things.i'm pretty...
Not to steal J. Gilbert's thunder, but the snuff indy boot is available at Alden Sf now, model 40501H (http://aldenshop.com/Store/DrawProducts.aspx?CategoryID=178&ParentID=4&PageID=&Action=). Love my snuff roy boot on trubalance.I got on the LS ultimate indy pre-order after seeing the post on instagram. they also posted it on their blog, but the post has since been removed from what I can tell, order must be filled. i haven't actually purchased anything from LS before,...
really glad i decided to keep these. brown suede 6-eyelet chukka from j. gilbert