or Connect

Posts by urymoto

style forum rage at its best. ignore it, its not a big deal. you should not keep it done all the time. But i do, cause i dont give a shit about my ties, and dont feel like tyiing it every morining; when every minute of sleep is precious, and i wont waste it for a tie for the love of god
[quote=robinsongreen68;4103871]From the Omega website: "Italian mountaineer Reinhold Messner, the first to have climbed all fourteen “eight-thousanders” (peaks over 8,000 metres above sea level) and the first to have climbed Everest solo without supplemental oxygen, wore a Speedmaster on his 1989 expedition to the Geographic South Pole, crossing Antarctica on skis." . im a macchiato man.
Quote: Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba "Don't touch the watch" I refer to my watch for the date nearly as often as for the time. Just saying... your comment was sufficient!
Quote: Originally Posted by anginaprinzmetal To the OP, are you asking this question for real? The Omega Speedmaster is arguably the toughest watch ever created. Do a quick online search and find for yourself? Trying to compare a Rolex Submariner with an Omega Speedmaster is literally comparing apples to oranges. Would you compare a Ferrari to a Rally ready car, they are intended for different purposes. Finally, if you're gonna use a submariner...
Quote: Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy I've worn my Sub to the opera more times than I have worn it diving but it works in both places just fine. Sea turtles aren't very impressed by it however. (Go with the Sub) any idea what the variance in price is for a Non-Date, black SUB?..
Quote: Originally Posted by GBear The Speedy Pros were also known to be worn outside of the suits like this: What I am just trying to understand is why everyone says Subs are built like tanks (I'm sure they are), when Speedy Pros are the only watch certified by NASA for the terrible vacuum and temperature changes of space. That hesalite crystal window the Speedy Pro uses is also more impact resistance and won't shatter like sapphire will. I'm just...
Quote: Originally Posted by East Oakland I you want to get a watch for diving, get a diving watch--not a Speedmaster. As mentioned above, Omega makes diving watches too--the Omega Seamaster is a classic. Or if you want to get something even more rugged, get a military diving watch, like a Marathon TSAR and save yourself $5K. im in banking not diving. its not my full time job. i also dont do underwater welding, or deep sea rescues. i...
i am shocked that so many of you wont take your dive watches diving!!loool wtf? A g-shock for diving or a timex? no im looking for something that can survive anything i put it trough...including -40C, diving at 30 meters for 30-40 minutes, sleeping, spearfishing, sneaking around "assassins creed" style...
Ok guys, i know this has been discussed and i did read the threads. but i need help I like the look of the Speedmaster from Omega and Submariner. BUT, for the omega it says i cant scuba with it (im not talking 100 meters...more like 10, 20,30) and it says dont expose to temps below 0C!!! are you kidding! in Canada it gets -30... Basically i need something sturdy: temperature proof, waterproof, rugged. Is the omega not suited?
Quote: Originally Posted by alt.don Well I have dumped about $4.5K at the Harry Rosen store in Ottawa over the past several months and pretty all of it with one associate who I now deal with. My complaint is that when I asked for a taxes off discount of %13 on a $775 Armani coat I was given a flat no. One would think you would ask your store manager first in order to not possibly lose a sale. No such luck sadly. This is bearing in mind the steep discounts...