or Connect

Posts by Rayson

I think we see about the same point of view. You're saying of course I should demand satisfaction, which I'm trying to do, and I've tried to explain that I don't see any loftiest of moral high ground, just an infinite sliding scale (if anybody sees scams as all the same, God help anybody who deals with them).That said, I don't know how "not for the public" retail sales go. I've heard the phrase "friends and family" but I now assume "friends" is incredibly limited. I never...
You can't have expected people to have sat quiet and believed the money will turn up in a few months (be great if it happens), because you haven't been straight with them.A few more have been in touch to say they're waiting for stuff now (I've lost track of the total number).What happened to my money? I'm honestly curious to know.
It's all rationalisation. You can say "you buy the ticket and you take the ride" about anything. It certainly sounds good and wordly. The next time something goes wrong for you, you can fight it, or you can let it happen to you and others and just tell yourself that. This isn't being mentioned because we're into the idea, it's happening because we want our money and people need warning.
I really hope people are OK with me naming them: somebody who got in touch recently has asked to remain anonymous (somebody else has got in touch too, which makes ten now). The address and phone number I gave, by the way, is for Jimmy Fingers aka Will (Wlliam Frank) Reese. It's his family address, also his dad's consultancy address. OK, it is horrible that it has come to this and I'll try not to clog up the thread too much. 7027 Blue Sky Drive Locust Grove Georgia...
I know some people in the record industry and they broadly tolerate it as a promotional tool! But yeah, most don't and that really is by the by.Thanks for your advice to people. It is all ridiculous from the point of view of "I gave a load of money to somebody I met on the internet called Jimmy Fingers and guess what? He won't give it back!" Ah, well.Nine people owed money that I know of now.
Somebody's sent a mail saying I should put up more evidence. Understandable, especially if you've had a smooth transaction. Even William might admit he has plenty of money that belongs to other people and that he won't be sending out their clothes. He also says he won't refund the money, at least for six months or something. I can't detail every lie (and potential lie) he tells, but the eight people I know about who are owed money are sceptical of him. I assume the mods...
Fingers crossed. Styleforum will have his IP address too. We should let Hotmail and Gmail know, and PayPal if you haven't already.
I imagine quite a few people have been waiting for a post like this! To those who were wary of the whole Jimmy Fingers deal and stayed away, well done. It may be that he's a cold-blooded scammer who planned to defraud people and did this by fulfilling some orders, knowing he'd get positive feedback and that he'd be able to lure more people. It may be that some of the problem came from his email account getting locked and then being unable to buy the clothes. At worst, he's...
Quote: Originally Posted by whodini At least this forum and I are credited, although I would have preferred a simple PM as a courtesy. But ebay SUCKS when it comes to reporting stolen photos. I remember all the hurdles I had to jump through to report photos that were being claimed as original to document the garment for sale. Even after I gave ebay the link to the original photos and all the requested information, they still sat on their asses and...
[quote=engar;4655074] This looks lovely. I can't see if it has a chinstrap, but if it does I'd say it's an ideal work chambray. I'm mental for chinstraps.