Posts by in stitches

@Hal FreemanTop of the morning to you, Hal. You sir, are next. Lets get straight to it, shall we.1. The shirt, pants, SC, and even the PS (mostly, and much more so in the further away pic), are monochromatic - all very light from white to gray/blue - but the tie is very much blue closer to navy, not of the same shade as the rest. While it is sometimes better to break up monochrome with something contrasting, I feel that in your case you are past that point. All of the...
I did some investigation last night, and I am now in full agreement with you and Mr. Six. I retract my previous statement.Looking forward to the experiment results!Clicked the link, and, yes, those do look even darker irl than in the pic. Still think black would be better but those are plenty good with the fit.- - -@chocsosa & @sebastian mcfox, great stuff.@laluck5, sebastian's tie is a great example of a reddish tie with dots that would have been better with your fit than...
My good pal heldentenor! Hope you are cool with my critiquing you.Overall I think its really good fit, and while perhaps some of teh following may be more subjective, it is, for me at least, what holds it back from being just right.1. As noted previously, the pants drape is sub-optimal. The consensus seems to be that the legs are hemmed too long, and that is probably true. But what all this talk about trouser fit has reminded me is that one of the primary benefits, imo, of...
@LAluck5My pleasure!As far as ties to wear with that suit, the world is your oyster. Its a solid suit of a pretty normative shade of brown, so as long as the colors are right, you could wear solids, stripes, neats, and even dots. The issue with your tie is that both the shade of red and the larger more spread apart dots are kind of innately loud/fun (imo, anyways), so its by default not on par with the formality of a suit. If it was more of a darker, sedate maroon, and the...
SO MANY SOOTS!!!
Happy to acquiesce to this being strictly personal preference.- - -Have more to say on some previously posted fits. Will hopefully respond when at my computer again tonight, only on mobile for now.
All good, hombre.
@LAluck5Here goes. As polite as possible and meant to help not be mean. 1. Personally, I don't particularly love the tie, shoes, or socks. But that may be straight up subjective.2. I will assume that is a suit, even though in the separate pics on my computer the pants look to be a different color than the jacket, but that is probably just lighting. If it is a SC and trew, they are way too close in color and fabric texture to work together.3. If it is a suit, the tie...
@sebastian mcfox, really great fit but not feeling the scarf, particularly with the PS. Also, personally, not entirely sold on the tie/square pairing. Otherwise outstanding, per usual, and really love the detailing on the SC.