or Connect

Posts by Makoto Chan

So you're not going to wear a jacket? Just rock the shirt with suspenders out, or a vest? You should wear a jacket. Both suspenders and vests are designed to be worn under a jacket, and rarely seen alone (despite the evidence in music videos or TV shows). The vest or suspeners will be quickly become gimmicky. A navy blazer can be worn again and again. (It would be even better if you could wear a navy suit to this wedding). Anyway, apart from that, I think a bow tie...
Derbies are infinitely more popular for most businessmen, as they're easier to slip on and off. That's an interesting observation, though! I imagine that because it's unusual, a nice oxford shoe is all the more luxurious and special. This is a great thread. Just catching up. Maybe this show will come down to Kansai.
I actually like the glasses, but you're obviously not comfortable with the comments, so it would be wise to wear something more subdued/less noticeable. Those metal ones look like a good possibility. Or, it might simply be a matter of darker tortoise.
Your first suit and your first good shoe should be bought for full price. After that, it's much more reasonable to find a well-fitting used or sale item.
Hunted, you're responding to marketing words. "Slim fit" and "tailored fit" mean different things from different brands. If you feel clueless and you don't have a lot of time before you need a suit for an event, why not step into your local Brooks Brothers, ask for help from a salesperson, try on a couple suits, buy the one that looks best, and let them tailor it for you (e.g. they'll set the sleeve length right and take in or let out the pants waist). If I'm not...
Hey guys, When I hop onto a bicycle in my chinos, I have to watch that they don't flap over the chain and get an ugly grease mark. I'm aware that some people buy little velcro straps to wrap around their ankles to solve this problem. I don't like them. I was thinking that another solution would be to sew a little button inside the ankle on the outer side, either a real button or a snap button, that sort of clips the flap away from the chain. I might talk to Peter Lee...
Yes, they also seem to be wearing women's suits? ... ... Or this image is reversed.
These are all nice combinations. You might wear all of them during the course of a month, feel great every time, and at the end you might look back and think about which one worked best on which day in which weather and this would be fine.Putting all the photos next to each other and inviting comment seems, on the other hand... weird. In fact, ridiculous. JPH, you must be putting these up for others to look at and think about. You're not actually asking "which one is best"...
Er... maybe I'm misunderstanding your post, 38R, but you're not really showing a meaningful difference between "fashion" and "style" (are the two supposed to be opposites? can the difference between the two be expressed by a lone photo for each, anyway?) You're showing two outfits which are just as affected in different directions from "classic" menswear. One guy is wearing a skinny black tuxedo with a clip-on bow tie. One guy is wearing a purple patterned tuxedo with a...
I liked this suit at a J Press store very much: