or Connect

Posts by Makoto Chan

PTO is awesome. At the very least, the show spreads enthusiasm and knowledge about something we're all passionate about here. In my case, I learned a lot from the videos and the blog so I'm -proud to donate.
This looks great! I'd like to have a suit like this. Can the pants and jacket be worn separately?
Thanks very much for the estimates and your suggestion, JLib! I will email Chan about it.
What might one expect to pay for a navy blazer at WW Chan, or from Peter Lee? Sorry, I searched around without success!
Loafers, khakis and a white OCBD is the most common, I suppose. No jackets, seldom ties, sleeves rolled above the elbow almost every day.
Bump!
What are shoe prices like in Hong Kong? In Japan, a pair of Alden cordovan blutchers is like 1300 USD (recently its especially high, considering the exchange rate). In the States, the same pair of shoes is about $600. I'll buy my first pair of Aldens eventually, and if the price is reasonable in HK I'll buy a pair when I'm there next month. Thanks for any input!
Hey just bumpin' an old thread on this topic, so I don't have to start my own. What are shoe prices like in Hong Kong? In Japan, a pair of Alden cordovan blutchers is like 1300 USD (recently its especially high, considering the exchange rate). In the States, the same pair of shoes is about $600. I'll buy my first pair of Aldens eventually, and if the price is reasonable in HK I'll buy a pair when I'm there next month. Thanks for any input!
I am interested in buying some loafers, and I occasionally read about "lined" or "unlined" loafers. What is the difference and how does it matter? Is this just a matter of comfort? Tradition? Thanks.