or Connect

Posts by Makoto Chan

I think if you start from a generally neutral wardrobe (staple colors), and work your way forwards from there, you'll have an easy time picking ties, shirts, jackets, etc. in different colors that you like, that look good on you. Mistakes will be made, but you'll move in the right direction overall. I think this approach is better than starting with a palette that has a seasonal name and trying to get all those colors.
+1
Could we please stop using the word "fit?" This is a pretty highbrow/cerebral discussion of tailored clothing, not an SW&D tumblr. This is not a big deal, just a request. Good discussion from the participants otherwise.
Manton's list is good. I think he's right.
The image of a worm at the top of your post is revolting.
Sounds interesting! I don't have your answer but FWIW, that would probably be very easy for a tailor or alterations shop to do for you, with your own chinos. Bring the camo fabric, they'll sew it from the inside of the pants, and then roll and sew the cuff.
That's a really good deal.
The OP gave a reasonable answer, so why be a douche about it? Good advice from others though.
My English Briefcase from Lotuff-Clegg is wonderful. Frank Clegg was real cool about accommodating some personal requests, too.
$300 is a great price for a pair of new JM Weston shoes. They're very well constructed. They're not so popular in the Anglo world, but they're well respected in Japan. If you like the shoes, you can be sure you're getting a great value.