or Connect

Posts by Makoto Chan

You're concerned about these loafers, as well as those tan Carminas in the other thread? Make a short list of the shoes (and other items) you "need" or "really want" with what you think you'd wear the most on the top of the list. Buy those and cross them off the list. Repeat until you reach the loafers, and then buy the loafers.
Is this a serious question? Of course you can!
Yeah, fine, sure.
The Watch P0rn Thread
Hey Mike - Indy boots sound great, but don't forget that (I think) you need to rotate them. Don't wear them every day. There was a poster here a while back complaining about how quickly his Indy boots wore out (not just the soles, but the stitching on the heel, if I remember correctly... and I think he did this to two pairs in a row). He also said that he wore the same pair of boots every day, which anyone will tell you is bad for your shoes. Maybe this is obvious to you!...
Serious question - why are there suddently three or four separate threads on the front page? Is Persol doing some kind of campaign? Is it just a summer thing? Summer 2012, summer of Persols?
haha
Wearing nice clothes doesn't make you any less of a tool. In fact sometimes you look more like a tool. Everybody knows this, right?
Jon, from the looks of it, your best bet is to head to the Boy's department at Brooks Brothers and see what fits you. I am sure your chest measurement is inaccurate. I have a 35" chest (technically off of most charts) and I have gotten a very good custom suit from from a Brooks MTM event. They can find a jacket with the right shoulders and chest and custom-make it to your length in the arms and the body. Try other places with boys' suits and jackets but you might not have...
QFT.Sounds like you care about the sentiment a lot more than the price. So why are you ranting and raving over a bad customer service experience? Just stop and smell the roses, man. Buy a new wallet and you'll feel better.