or Connect

Posts by Makoto Chan

Same as Doc. But you know what - I only have a few jackets/suits that I rotate through, so the first consideration is the jacket.
Take a look at adamt's "Threads Started".... just
I wear them and like them very much. Flamboyance depends on which pair you buy. You have to have nice legs to wear them, I might add.
[[SPOILER]]How is that color combination close to Manton's? Only in that the outfits have "reds, blues, and greys." And "a yellow." Based on that kind of verbal description, they are similar. But they aren't similar. Oldog, all of the colors in your outfit are heavy and oversaturated - and there's too many of them. They don't go very well with your dark grey suit. Might work with a blue suit (perhaps more blue than navy) - but that would just be pushing it even further.
The reputation system that we already have works fine: some member have a good reputation, some don't. If you come to Styleforum looking for quick advice on your outfit based on an iPhone pic in your bathroom, well you get what you pay for.
I think if you start from a generally neutral wardrobe (staple colors), and work your way forwards from there, you'll have an easy time picking ties, shirts, jackets, etc. in different colors that you like, that look good on you. Mistakes will be made, but you'll move in the right direction overall. I think this approach is better than starting with a palette that has a seasonal name and trying to get all those colors.
+1
Could we please stop using the word "fit?" This is a pretty highbrow/cerebral discussion of tailored clothing, not an SW&D tumblr. This is not a big deal, just a request. Good discussion from the participants otherwise.
Manton's list is good. I think he's right.
The image of a worm at the top of your post is revolting.