or Connect

Posts by Makoto Chan

This is a good start on a well balanced wardrobe: http://putthison.com/post/712103418/the-essential-mans-wardrobe-perhaps-the-most You can save the suits for last (or until you're graduating and looking for a job), but most of what's in there is classic, goes well with each other, and will blend into your current wardrobe along the way.. Theres nothing in there about brands. brooks brothers, j crew, GAP, and uniqlo are all good places to start. Joseph a bank is in the...
Just because it's a designer suit doesn't mean it suddenly meets all needs in all places.
When/wear do you plan on wearing it?
I wouldn't recommend buying something from Cole Haan or J&M because the quality isn't very high. Allen Edmonds are nice, and since those happen to be the style you're looking for and are on sale within your budget, I'd say it's a no-brainer.
I don't remember. Google "cobbler" and "the name of your city" and call them up. Those are Allen Edmonds, right? So maybe you got a deal and only paid $100 on them, but they're pretty nice shoes and it'd be a shame to let them disintegrate too quickly. The cost-benefit analysis is up to you.
I just don't think it's practical to do it yourself. It's not so expensive to have a professional put flush metal toe taps on your shoes. I have them on a couple of my pairs, and they're always a bit slippery for a few weeks (can't really be helped) until the metal gets suitably scratched up. They work well. A cobbler sold me on the leather version once, but they came off quite easily. I'm happier enduring the slight slippiness of metal in the beginning, for the...
We are ever working towards the apotheosis of total stylelessness masquerading with some kind of dignity towards this forum.
Yet another "If you have to ask, you already know the answer" threads.
This question is just a vague hypoethetical, and its wrapped up in your sorta throwing shade on other people's preferences. I would buy whichever I wanted or needed more, at the time I had money for it, and happened to want something from Hermes.
Nobody's dictating anything to you. Are you crazy? Maybe autistic.If your first post wasn't laughable enough (I'm surprised you stuck around for followup), here you're supposing that a longstanding member of the forum (which you only joined to vent) must be a Mr. Porter spy because he questions you?The thing is, everyone knows mistakes happen. When you order at 5:15 PM and expect it to arrive at 10:30 AM the next day... you're asking for trouble. Murphy's law, you know?...