or Connect

Posts by Makoto Chan

Yet another "If you have to ask, you already know the answer" threads.
This question is just a vague hypoethetical, and its wrapped up in your sorta throwing shade on other people's preferences. I would buy whichever I wanted or needed more, at the time I had money for it, and happened to want something from Hermes.
Nobody's dictating anything to you. Are you crazy? Maybe autistic.If your first post wasn't laughable enough (I'm surprised you stuck around for followup), here you're supposing that a longstanding member of the forum (which you only joined to vent) must be a Mr. Porter spy because he questions you?The thing is, everyone knows mistakes happen. When you order at 5:15 PM and expect it to arrive at 10:30 AM the next day... you're asking for trouble. Murphy's law, you know?...
You're just doing your best to make this really hard for yourself. I tried to type something helpful for you but I got nothing.
I dunno man, the thing is, when you're trying your hardest to pull off an inbetween look, its those details that make the difference. If I ignore the actual clothes you're wearing, then yes conceptually this is somewhat acceptable.Also, does this go without saying?:: You are putting in more effort than 90% of the population. Your clothes fit and you are thinking about how to look good.You'd be better off if you weren't trying to mix these looks. I'm not sure what line you...
The recommendations were most interesting. \_(ツ)_/ Come on... what is the audience here at SF? What is missing here??? Hello???
It can be done. Use your own judgment. Fashion is often contrary to style... and fashion can be fun.
It's a matter of taste. You have good taste, right? In most cases it just looks bad, unsophisticated. You're free to hold your own opinion but you might be wise to accept the conventional wisdom. If they're the same color but different textures or pattterns, it might sometimes look good. I'm trying to be generous and assume the wearer has good taste, not to mention that 99% of the time, it's done poorly or terribly. But same color and texture??? Why do you even ask?
Honestly I don't think a peacoat is too formal for a college student. When I was in college I wore that, or a vintage leather bomber jacket, in similar weather. You might try searching A Continuous Lean for ideas, or asking on the "Streetwear and Denim" forum here. "Classic Menswear" is more formal than you're looking for.
You're not really giving any context. What kind of answer do you expect? Wear what's practical for your circumstances. And anyway, how is a peacoat "trying too hard?" Is that because it's difficult to wear, or it's too formal?