or Connect

Posts by Noonan

I've got both in my collection. IMO - they're not in the same class. The EG Shannons are sublime. The cordo Carminas are excellent but they feel a bit stiff and somewhat bulky. The EG last is elegant. Both were MTOs.
I, too, prefer the HAF sole on boots. Added it to a pair of Shannons and I think it enhanced the stylishness of the boot.
These MTOs arrived last Friday. I wore them yesterday in the Seattle sunshine. HAF sole with embedded metal toe caps. Fit like a dream. Many thanks to my friends at Leather Soul. [IMG
My mistake. Thanks for picking up on it. Will repost in EG.
These MTOs arrived last Friday. I wore them yesterday in the Seattle sunshine. HAF sole with embedded metal toe caps. Fit like a dream. Many thanks to my friends at Leather Soul. [IMG
Smokin'!
I have a collection of shell boots that include 4 pairs of Alden, 3 EG, 2 Carmina and the Allen Edmonds Dalton. Of all of them, I have found the Dalton to be the most comfortable, largely because the shell was cut thin, making the boot a little more pliable. Also, the AE last is a good fit for my foot. At $700, they are pricey. But they are incredibly easy to wear.
If this is a Galway MTO for green on green, I am afraid I misunderstood. I would prefer to go with the green and suede combination but with the suede in brown as shown in the Galway photo supplied by StevenT. Leaves, do you have any photos of a green/green combination you could share? I'm willing to be swayed, but the brown suede lends a wonderful country look to the boot and makes it compatible with a wider variety of trousers. I have two other pairs of Galways...
I may be on board with the Olive Galway MTO. I have Galway 82s in dainite and double leather. I prefer the leather as it breaks in nicer for a more comfortable footbed. Any chance on a sole change?
jhcam8 - very nice.