or Connect

Posts by Richdog

Quote: Originally Posted by VaderDave Last of the Mohicans, for me. Classic, agree 100% Also for me: The Road (left me feeling yucky and somewhat disturbed for days) Forrest Gump (inspiring movie) American Beauty (simply stunning, left its mark on me)
Quote: Originally Posted by SpallaCamiccia I watched yesterday the book of Eli. Great movie. Featuring a world as Mad Max II and the Sergio Leone Eastwood trilogy that are a current in my life. Talks about manipulation and a world in decay. Impressed me. Also a great industrial dark soundtrack. It's crap imo, one of the worst and cheesiest, post-apocolyptic movies to come out in a good while. THe heroin was diabolically badly portrayed...
Nope, God doesn't exist. The Bible was the first real set of groundrules for living a good life, before law existed, and the rest of it was word of mouth and embellishment resulting in a conspiracy of controlling the populace through fear of something greater than themselves... which thankfully in modern times is now growing defunkt as science gives us the answers we need, with more to come. It's much, much, much more likely that Aliens exist.
Ahh I see, sorry if I misunderstood heh, im not familiar with the U.S. fashion anacronisms so it may take me a bit to catch up. I like to wear modern sharp-fitting blazers with a white or black shirt and mid to dark wash jeans, the ladies seem to love it... and my current blazer is lighter so I need something darker,. Im so jealous you guys have shops like J.Crew... we have nothing like that over here. I want this...
Quote: Originally Posted by max_r do the UK members have any recommendations for shops in the UK to look for that have nice slim shirts? I only moved here from the US about 3 months ago, so i dont really know much about the shops here. I've bought all my dress shirts from Next so far, and while the 15.5" 'slim fit' fits me really well, the fabric is pretty cheap and not soft at all. I went in to debenhams the other day, and the fabric was really nice...
Quote: Originally Posted by jambo Richdog, I was just in Zurich, and yes, it is a beautiful city, and I was surprised at how sharply dressed everyone was. On weekdays, the men and women are in sharp, finely tailored suits (all bankers, I presume), and on weekends, there are lots of slim fitting jeans, nice shoes, and blazers on the men (the women are nicer to look at, however). Try Diesel jeans. In the U.S. at least, there are many, many people that...
Quote: Originally Posted by JensenH The Street Wear and Denim sub-forum would be helpful in your search for jeans. Good luck and welcome to the S.F. I will post more specifically in future, just thught id combine an Intro thread with a couple of other bits as a first hello. Quote: Originally Posted by clausc Welcome to the forum. You have some good shops in Zurich, however expensive. For jeans, try Fidelio, they have...
As per title, i'm a Brit guy living in Zurich, (Switzerland), lurked for a while (but not too long, I like posting and getting involved rather than sitting there silent endlessly). So, a bit hello to all you guys out there. Anyhoo, I turned 30 a couple of weeks ago (sob), and while i've always been more or less happy with the way I dress, I realised that I was still a bit young 20's... too many old printed T-shirts mixed in with the smarter stuff. So, realising I...