or Connect

Posts by topcatny

Spending the last few minutes in the old job. The last 2 weeks have been funny to watch as no one has really prepared who is going to take over for all of my responsibilities. Oh well, not my problem anymore.
Accepted a new job offer today. I don't think I have ever been more excited to go in on Monday and resign. Also, had arthroscopic knee surgery on Wednesday and I am doing much better than I expected. I've been walking since hours after the surgery and the pain is minimal. I am hoping for a quick recovery so I can get back to exercise and playing soccer.
Congrats!
My daughter won second place in this year's science fair at her school. This makes 3 years in a row of 1st or 2nd place finishes. For this non scientist Dad I am very proud.
Congrats!
My oldest daughter scored the best goal of her short career this weekend. A quick move from the wing toward the middle of the field and a shot from the top of the penalty box to just inside the bottom of the far post. And her team won again.
double post
Scored my first goal in my soccer game last night and we won. We finally played well together as a team too.
My daughter's soccer team, which I coach, pulled out a win with 4 seconds left in their game on Saturday morning. Making it sweeter was the team we beat is coached by a really good friend of mine and we have been giving each other grief all week. It was great for the girls on my daughter's team. The team we beat is part of the same soccer club and they are the "B" team and my daughter's team is the "C" team. So in their mind there was no way they could win the game,...
I appreciate the thoughts. I am doing my best at ignoring it and coming to peace with the situation. I have good days and bad days, this week has been particularly annoying. The good part is when I leave the office I truly leave all the thoughts behind me and focus on all the things I enjoy doing in my free time. I haven't turned on my blackberry in 3 months.I've been continuing to network with contacts in the business and putting word out there that I am looking for...