or Connect

Posts by Another level

To the thread starter: if you cannot tell the difference between poor and good quality denim then I suggest you stick to what you know. Otherwise you'll just end up thinking you've overpaid unnecessarily. Ignorance in this instance can be sheer bliss. This may be the best option for you as it could take you many years, if not at all, to gain the same knowledge as people here. Jeans with a higher price tag does not necessarily mean it's better quality either. Similarly,...
M&S doesn't really cater for the smaller guy and a lot of their clothes have a fuller cut despite saying slim cut on the labels. If you decide to go ahead with the purchase, set aside a fair amount of money for alterations. From the polyester suits I've seen in M&S I would stay clear of them. Yes, some of them are nice to look at but really lousy fit. I'm 37" chest and the jacket at 36R was still too big for me. I can't comment on 34R as I never ever see them in...
I'd suggest buying an electronic scale to measure the amount of food you're eating in order to cut down. I've used this method successfully by cutting down the amount of potatoes I was eating.
The only opinion I take into account is when girls pay attention to my style. I disregard opinions from people who have no style whatsoever. So if they like a certain item then I just assume there is something wrong with it. If they disaprove of my worn item then I assume I've made the right decision. At the end of the day it's about how you feel that matters most rather than someone elses opinion. If you feel that you need someone elses opinion to choose an item...
Quote: Originally Posted by BLACKCARD_JONES Hey I want to know what you guys think makes a good graphic tee. For me branding is at the top of the list. You can sell anybody with the right aesthetic in my opinion. Which is especially important for "indie" street wear labels only doing t-shirts, since they have pretty much nothing to offer on the design/technical side of things. The stronger the "brand identity". The more "personality" you can inject into...
Quote: Originally Posted by manofstyle England is just as bad. Ah the wonders of Globalisation. Quote: Originally Posted by manofstyle Markets regulate themselves. Blame the Fed and the govt for all the moral hazard and lax lending. I'd blame the following: 1) The bankers taking high risks with complicated derivatives and not carryout due diligences about the value of their derivative products. Remember,...
Quote: Originally Posted by Sherlockian All of the Tabasco sauces, and Encona West Indian Hot Pepper sauce. I've tried a few of the ridiculous hot sauces, such as Mega Death (the name alone tells you it's meant as a bit of a novelty / stag do / frat house dare) http://www.hotsauceworld.com/blairmegdeat.html and the Naga Jolokia chili (reputedly the world's hottest, depending on where and whom you ask), but for stuff you can realistically use in...
Quote: Originally Posted by Kique I picked up a couple of these the other day. Really slim and the stretchy cotton is great. I'm wearing one now. I just wish HM would get the length right. First they were too short and now they're too long.
Quote: Originally Posted by Kodiak Where can you buy Muji shirts? From the Muji shop or their online store only I think. They have stores around the world. I'm also fan of their underwears as well. Boxer shorts still doing fine after 12 months.
+1 Muji (last year's cut and held its shape over the last 12 months) +1 H&M (a touch short but now come in longer sizes) +1 AA +1 Albam +1 Zara (slim fit) +1 Uniqlo The Muji and Albam tshirts are both special at different price ends of the market. My next step is to venture into Alternative Apparels.