or Connect

Posts by atila

killer thread
Post a pic of the linen pair?
With that budget, you can get some MTM stuff easily... I'm 5'5 very lean but athletic upper body so literally nothing fits me off the rack. I just recently ordered a MTO sportscoat from Epaulet and it was $700 I think... they tailor to whatever measurements you want... so I had them take make it basically a 37XS (plus an extra half inch off) and had them take an inch in on the jacket and had surgeon cuff'd to my measurements... I needed zero extra alterations after...
Post after mine has a wealth of good info... post above this one - I disagree... dry cleaning that frequently without a need is unnecessary. If your plans have remained clean and look good don't dry clean them more than 2x a year, if that.
Depends how conservative your office environment is, I suppose. For example, the majority of my dress pants are linen or linen/wool or linen/wool/silk blends because they're breathable and have interesting fabrics or texture. I wear fresco/tropical wools that are lighter weight - but I work in southern California in a jewelry store so we have a lot of light/heat all the time. In general, wool is a good all-season or all-event option. Different shades of grey, navy, and...
PM'd
This trafalgar site is pretty much nailing it too... and it's $68 vs $95 at Epaulet, which is nice. Final issue - I need a size 30/31 belt... I've always been a 30 waist but I've been losing a little body fat with meal preps so I've gotten more muscle but my waist is like a 28/29... Does anyone make a 30 belt? I guess a 32 will have to do if not... Thanks for the recommendations, guys.
Yeah, it's not a very dress belt... but that look works very well for me. It's not super casual and works very easily with suits. I've been rocking my belt that looks very similar to that forever and it looks excellent with pretty much anything. My suits are very tailored so it doesn't look sloppy or casual or anything...
I didn't think I would have this much of a hard time to find a standard belt that I love that doesn't cost a lot. Epaulet's casual Horween Chromexcel belts fit exactly what I'm looking for but I just don't think it's worth $95... especially since I want a regular brown, dark brown, and black one. The last belt I've been using looks exactly the same, is reversible black/brown and it's by CK and cost me like $16 when I was still in college... I've purchased beautiful shoes,...
Ok, so I guess I need to go for 10oz stuff... not seeing anything on that site specifically that has a 10oz variety AND has some sort of visual/physical texturing - something to give it a *little* different feel and slight more casual than just a regular business jacket. Any recommendations on the site I'm missing OR a different company?