or Connect

Posts by kashmir

just finished leviathan wakes and caliban's war. cannot wait for the third book!
i do like nyi fits more now with a bit more sober colors
xpost from MC. I figured I'll get better answers here, like my early posts ITT "What would be the best color combination utilizing knitted wool tie? The tie's desaturated brown, almost khaki in color. It was a present; by A.P.C., very nice tie in itself. I live in the tropics. I would say very light blue or pale yellow for the shirt color? Or probably checked/ gingham with a bit of earth tones? As for the jacket, all I've got are navy double breasted worsted wool*, tan...
What would be the best color combination utilizing knitted wool tie? The tie's desaturated brown, almost khaki in color. It was a present; APC, very nice tie in itself. I live in the tropics so no tweed etc, but heavy cotton might be OK. I would say very light blue or pale yellow shirt? Or probably checked/ gingham with a bit of earth tones? As for the jacket, all I've got is a navy double breasted worsted wool....
hooray for no split toe!
Alden is like the holy grail shoes here in Indonesia, along with the americana/heritage stuff. Really, I don't understand why. It's been going strong for a few years and still growing, it's that late compared to Japan. The sad thing is that great number of copycats show up utilizing bad quality leathers and shitty shapes. And the fact that most wearers are skinny 5' 5" wearing skinny selvedge jeans doesn't help.
I don't get the oneshirt thread nor mafoofan, help
That is some extensive info, thanks MoK... and yeah, you're among the few not-so-satisfied customers of C&J, may I ask for what reason? Have you got any comments for the rest of the Northampton makers, namely those at around Loake 1880 price range - Sanders and Herring? I have only experiences with Herring and they are wonderful to deal with from a customer standpoint; hence it would be great to have more info regarding the other brands carried. They are always a solid...
Can you share your opinion if you managed to actually handle them, or anything from that particular line? Hopefully they're along Loake 1880 or other benchgrade northamptoners in quality...
HOLY