or Connect

Posts by kashmir

i find that classic menswear is a good escapism.. i love watching classic hollywood cinema, noir etc.. but doesnt mean i want to reenact them out of period context.
amazing holdfast. exactly the picture and elaboration i needed, answers my question regarding length and fit
I rarely see double breasteds here? I love them personally, but yeah.. unless executed by some rockstar tailor it will look quite boxy and 1980s. I like Simon Crompton (permanentstyle)'s sensibilities for DB, and reading his blog inevitably leads to the cutter Davide Taub and my personal favorite, Edward Sexton. I'm thinking of having a suit with such silhouette.. long-ish body and all
lol funny, I actually just been spending more time in MC all of a sudden. always a good source of knowledge for suits and shoes and classics but not to hang out.... really, it's getting more cluttered with snobs and all. the faux "gentleman" manner of speech riled me up quite fast. also the overuse of should and shouldn't :/ really glad to welcome those who drop by here though, stitchy and NOBD et al... TTO needs to post more often also also one poster said that he...
torres hattrick lol
bb collar OCDs are a cm phenomenon
I do think WIll's a bit of a hit and miss sometimes. I appreciate Simon Crompton much more as far as non- #menswear go.
any rtw brands that have db aesthetic close to edward sexton? dude cut the meanest db arounf
black suits can be cool. it looks dull when it's in worsted wool, but in linen, linen blends, cotton gabardine... can look great. problem is most MC-esque retailer seldom venture to such materials... well, as far as I see
I love the first book's characterization the best MoK. Maybe because it's more focused, having less to deal with.