or Connect

Posts by kashmir

Some patrons would actually prefer that their favorite makers remain under the radar, deliberately not expanding. I think for brands like S.E.H. Kelly, it is actually their preferred niche, no?
I have handled both. Loake (1880 line) is better than Meermin in terms of finishing and leather quality. Loake's is soft and pliable; Meermin's a touch stiffer and drier. Meermin's shape is nicer though.
lol
lol, good to hear that. my shoulders aren't wide but they're high/square, hence even a minimal padding makes me look frozen in a perpetual shrug.
^ the "shoulder pad" that you can feel in the body part of the garment (not the sleeve) is only part of what shapes the shoulder. getting rid of the shoulder pad will make the the shoulders slope more; if your actual shoulders are square-ish, it will fill the empty space. But if your actual shoulders are sloped or normal, yes, there will be empty space there that may or may not look good. Now, the wideness and pointiness of the end of the coat shoulders (which is actually...
superb0bo if you want to tone down the pointiness of the shoulder you can try to ask a tailor to reduce or take away the sleevehead without reducing the shoulder width at all- just take away that little fabric that gives structure around the sleeve to armhole connection. i have a phobia for that sort of rigid looking sleevehead also and i found that only taking away the sleevehead did the trick.
generally the chest circumference corresponds well to the sizing, my chest is 42 inch and my size 42 soho fits comfortably, with plenty of room since my belly and shoulders are closer to a size 40. so for the guy with 37 chest i would say a 38L will be nicely roomy for you. gotta get that L man if you are six feet two.
just dont ever wear them with slim to skinny pants.
http://www.styleforum.net/t/168002/shoe-damage-report-shoe-p0rn-central-part-ii/19620#post_7525778 no such thing as too many shoes
@shoreman1782 @Superb0bo very interesting boots. but from the linked blog I get the impression that they aren't very flexible, more like clogs?