or Connect

Posts by TheDandy

Quote: Originally Posted by potemkin_city_limits Haha. Just make that your signature and post blank messages on this thread. Well, I'm knew here... I guess by your answer that this is not the type of answer he is expecting?
Quote: Originally Posted by yesssir Where can I purchase inexpensive gold buttons to replace the buttons on my blue blazer? Just visit a tailor supply store...
When a buttonhole get a bit old we kinda see the canvas through the tread... does anybody have any other trick than using a marker?
Quote: Originally Posted by SVC I've decided to go for an Indochino tux as well in anticipation of some holiday season galas. (I've had good results with them so far, so I'm not terribly worried about measurements and such). Please let me know your thoughts regarding my customizations below. Thanks so much! Indochino Dinner Jacket Tuxedo (http://www.indochino.com/product/The..._Jacket_Tuxedo) - Peak lapel (or should I do notch, even though it's less...
There is some type of club that wearing suspenders could look good or stylish... Perhap a live jazz joint... A cigar lounge... but at 21 you probably not a regular of these place
Quote: Originally Posted by Red Glasses I want to purchase a Harris Tweed jacketfrom eBay. I'm not sure: 2 or 3 buttons? What do you reckon? Three buttons could be nice if you have a slim shape body, otherwise a two buttons would put more focus on you chest than your belly... Better than buying online, just check with a local tailor, a nice Harris tweed jacket will never go out of style might be a good investment to have it custom made...
Quote: Originally Posted by Svenn I've noticed around asia that you can get half-canvassed bespoke suits for $300-400, but a full canvassed one, such as among the popular HK tailors, is at least $1000. Does it really take twice the labor to make the latter, or are you paying for something more besides just the extra canvassing? Here is the answer from my tailor, the price of the full horsehair canvas itself cost is double than the chest...
but the whole "paying rent" thing can sort of conflict with that. NameBack is online now Report Post \tsendpm.gif Good point...
Quote: Originally Posted by Usul How long of a distance is it falling from? you forgot to ask if the pocket were empty
Quote: Originally Posted by Tony Romo Is there a way to tell if a jacket is canvassed or fused based on how the jackets lays on the person's body? Could scrunching/bunching give it away? And then are you talking about fullly canvas or chest piece? but at the end the older the jacket is the more signs of a fuse jackets will arise...