or Connect

Posts by NameBack

Well that would indicate that you don't know what the term "fiscal cliff" actually refers to, because it won't occur until 2013.As to my post-election opinion on this, I believe that the cliff will happen, we will go over it, but it won't really matter because that will create the pressure for a compromise in the weeks following the cliff. We'll probably spend two weeks to a month over the cliff before something new gets ironed out.As to the ultimate shape of the outcome,...
Hey, Meister. Let's make this an actual concrete prediction. This will be your chance for redemption in the wake of the "Midwest Tidal Wave."What will inflation be by January 2014? You can provide a margin of error for your prediction.
Mother Nature?You might want to read some Scott Sumner, Lighthouse--he's a mostly libertarian econ professor of some renown, but his public blog is titled "The Money Illusion" for a reason. Money has absolutely nothing to do with nature, or laws of gravity (even speaking metaphorically). Money is, and always has been, an arbitrary tool created by human beings to better manage the allocation of resources. And thanks to the strides that humanity has made in acknowledging...
No?
I'm sorry I don't understand the distinction?
I think the difference between Romney and Obama is this:Obama moderated his positions in order to represent a broader electorate. He didn't always show consistency -- but no candidate does, and he has largely stuck with the positions that he carved out later in his career. That is to say, he has largely governed in each office as he campaigned for that office. He has gradually moved to the right over the years, but that movement has been consistent, and honestly I would...
You mean if there's a double-dip?Yes, I think any second downturn would be unrelated to Bush's policy. That's not to say it would be definitively related to Obama's policy -- if Europe is going to implode there's not much he can do to prevent that. But it wouldn't be Bush's fault.
Man some of you guys are such rubes. 2014 the Dems will likely make mild pickups in the House, and probably hold even in the Senate. An accelerating recovery works to the favor of Democrats to some degree, under the banner of Obama, but also leaves incumbents in general reasonably well-protected, including Republican reps. Government remains divided. 2016 Obama's legacy is viewed favorably due to significantly lower unemployment and good GDP growth by the end of his...
Considering we added an average 162,000 jobs per month for the last three months, yes, I do think it will get better. That pace will likely accelerate as we get more into the second term, anyway.Here's the thing, meister. January 2009 was not the start of the recession. The recession began in 2008, with some early warning signs as early as summer of '07. Half the damage had been done before Obama took office, and the other half happened almost entirely before the first...
http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/11/republicans_voter_fraud_tests.php?ref=fpb