or Connect

Posts by NameBack

Quote: Originally Posted by geoffmartin17 That's what i wanted to hear! Spirited and well thought out defenses. Shame it takes vitriolic invective to get it to come out :\\ Um, it doesn't. Believe me, I pretty much spend my whole life arguing with people, and I find I get much more interesting replies when I'm less glib, not moreso. Also I love the attempts to keep subtly justifying and back-pedaling from your offensive original post in...
Quote: Originally Posted by geoffmartin17 Have you ever researched his plagiarism? His views on economics (much different than what he publicly said)? His adultery? At the very least, the pathetic, one-sided adoration we're taught about political figures in high school is absolutely unacceptable. RE: Cimabue: I could say the same thing about most "white" politicians too, just wrote a paper arguing much the same thing on Winston churchill. Whatever...
Quote: Originally Posted by TrenTality I mean, If you want to wear shoes that look like a horse on a diet of skittles, Shit directly on your feet. By all means. Right, and if you want to be too self-conscious to do anything but run screaming from color, feel free.
Quote: Originally Posted by imageWIS I never understood that. The technology, or lack thereof of the Romans to forge coins in a uniform manner. If not uniform at least looking more like this: And less like this: Swords and other metal objects were far more uniform in construction than coins, why? Well, it's not that they were more uniform in an absolute sense. It's just that they [i]appear[i] more uniform. Basically, if you...
Quote: Originally Posted by Rompson This is (was) the SF Approved non-baller sneaker thread. That generally means conservative-looking shoes. Right, that's just what I was asking is all -- what the SF-approval encompasses, exactly. That's fine, it just means I'll probably end up spending more time browsing the baller sneaker thread instead, because that's more my style (though unfortunately not my price range).
Quote: Originally Posted by tagutcow And if part of what makes people happy and content is the satisfaction of knowing they've acted morally rather than immorally, well, we're back at square one, aren't we? No? This is just a different/better way of understanding and determining morality -- it's not amoral. People would still know that they're acting morally, there would still be opinions and notions of "moral" and "immoral" behavior...
Quote: Originally Posted by Don Carlos Probably not, actually. In total anarchy, things will revert to a barter economy. You'll trade 5 shotgun shells and 1 chicken for a few pounds of beef, or what have you. Land, and the ability to successfully defend it, will also be at a premium. The most likely "currency" to emerge will be grain -- which can be stored almost indefinitely under the right conditions, and can also feed people and livestock. Currency...
Quote: Originally Posted by TrenTality Bright blue hightop sneakers, Only the manliest of shoes. Eh. I think that sort of high-top can be fun. Most of the shoes in this thread are pretty conservative. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I think there's a little more room for fun than I've seen browsing this thread. Is the SF consensus to just go safe or go > $400 if you want something bolder? I guess what I mean is that it seems...
Quote: Originally Posted by mr bunbury Heidegger and shit. I have some minor disagreements in here (which I'll bring up further down), but the overall point of relocating one's scale to that of humanity (down from some cosmic scale) is certainly important and worthwhile. I wholeheartedly agree. Quote: Now, if you've gone this far, you have a few different options. You can go one way and say that 'human flourishing' equals...
Quote: Originally Posted by olualbert I will not start any business, I will invest in Gold and Silver...I mean physical gold then sit on it, when everything collapses, then I will think of liquidating. haha, I love this mentality you realize that if everything collapses, gold will lose its value almost entirely, right? Because the value of gold depends on speculative financial markets, which depend on society not collapsing. If society...