or Connect

Posts by NameBack

Is there a thread that lists the major SW&D approved designers/brands? I mean I know some of them but it would be nice to have a comprehensive list on hand.
Honestly if you're lost just look at pictures of people who look really stylish and start trying to copy their outfits. Go in WAYWT and save the pictures of people who look excellent. Start reading some fashion blogs and saving pictures of outfits that look good -- like sartorialist.com or streetetiquette.com. Don't feel like you have to copy an entire outfit -- approximate to the best of your ability with the clothes you have. Save outfits even if the overall fit sucks...
So where exactly does one go to buy designer items in a physical store? I'm really trying to get away from shopping online but frankly I'm not sure where to begin shopping in the physical world. Where the hell does someone go to buy Ervell or Junya, exactly? I mean, I assume if I lived in NY or LA, I could just go directly to many designers' stores, but sadly I live in Washington, DC, so I'm not really sure. Is it simply that I need to buy a bus ticket to NYC to do...
Quote: Originally Posted by commodorewheeler That's denim for you. Indigo is a dye that comes off pretty easily, not much you can do about that. I've heard rumors that putting some salt or vinegar in the wash water helps the dye stay on better, but I've never tried it before to see if it works or not. what really I've never had this happen to me before is it that higher-end brands use real indigo dyes, where cheaper jeans just use...
so I have a pair of jeans I really enjoy I love the fit, color, and quality of them the only problem is that they fucking bleed dye on everything furniture, sheets -- but worst of all on my shoes it's gotten to the point where I just can't wear them with any shoe that isn't black or dark brown cuffing helps but does not eliminate the problem they're not raw denim -- I've washed them several times, usually in warm water, but the problem persists. What...
I guess I'll have to go back to AOC the next time I'm in LA I went once and enjoyed it, but I sort of came out considering it to be on a tier below the more world-class establishments in LA but seems like everyone in here is quite enamored has it changed substantially in the last 18 months or so? It has been a while since I've been.
Quote: Originally Posted by whodini I wouldn't be excited about Baazar. Any particular reason? I think it's worth going at least once, for the novelty of it. Personally I find the food to be generally very good even without the novelty, and service is usually excellent.
Quote: Originally Posted by CharlieAngel I've got the Shifts in ballistic black nylon. One of my favorite shoes. The memory foam footbed is comfortable as all hell. Sizing is a little odd. I typically wear 10.5-11, I wear a 10 in heyday. The shifts or the super shifts?
Quote: Originally Posted by bbaquiran Creative Recs look great in product photos, disappointing in real life. Not familiar with Heyday but those look nice. Yeah I've read similar. I wanted to see some in person, but the places I went today were out of stock. :/ I've been browsing non-stop since I posted this (natch) and have since expanded my options and removed the Creative Recs from the running. I'm really digging a shitload of Heyday's...
Cool post bro. Anyway, I'm about to buy something, because birthday money. It's between these three: In order, Creative Recreation Solano, Heyday Shift RS, Heyday Super Deb The Solano is the cheapest at 75, the RS next at 80, and the Super Deb for 115. Thoughts? Anyone got a preference or pure hate for all of them?