or Connect

Posts by NameBack

Thanks! We're pretty excited about it. We of course are pursuing many other leads at the same time, including a mid-size prime brokerage (Lazard Capital Markets) that will also be trying to do cap intro for us to get us to work with them as our prime.I might fly out to Vegas next week and crash the SALT hedge fund conference and see if I can do some good networking. Just gotta figure out how the hell I'll pay for it.
Morgan Stanley has agreed to do capital introduction for us, on the condition that we use them as our prime brokerage if they get us a big client. Apparently today they're talking to a client of theirs who has a $340m account with them to see if he'll invest with us, and there will be more like this down the road. They're also interested in helping us license a restricted version of our system as a software package to online brokerages like Scottrade, etc, who would then...
So we did 2.5% for the last two weeks in April (our first two weeks with the revised algorithm). Pretty happy with that given what a choppy trade it's been this months.
While there's certainly good advice for individuals in this thread, the problem remains that if enough people followed that advice, then we'd suddenly have a bunch of unemployed and underemployed science, health, and education grads. The bigger problem than a structural imbalance in skills/job availability is that there simply aren't enough jobs, period. When headline unemployment is still above 8%, new grads are going to be some of the worst off because they lack work...
Our 3-year beta for the backtesting is 0.47
there are multiple machine learning strategies that list OOB
Might be a bit time consuming, but if we break it down annually for anyone, I'll post the results.Fundraising update: We're getting along nicely with a fellow who works at an investment advisory here in Los Angeles. Seems very interested -- asking for lots more data, sending us e-mails on a Sunday, etc. Researched his firm and found that they have $400mil AUM, so if they like our strategy, they could certainly give us adequate funding to get off the ground without...
Sorry for the delay in getting back to some of you with pitchbooks -- but thanks for the interest, everyone! And remember, please forward our information along to any high-net-worth folks you know who might be interested in our fund. Anyway, things have been busy and exciting around here. I'm meeting with some folks with Morgan Stanley next week, I got our fund in the pipeline for approval in the UBS family (total longshot though), applied to several hedge fund seeders,...
Thanks for all the interest, guys. Everyone who's received the pitchbook: please feel free to pass it along to any rich folks you know. Anyway, just a brief update today. Since implementing the improved system on Monday, we have cleared about 3.9% in realized returns. Obviously this is just half a week, but it's always nice to start out strong.