or Connect

Posts by yesssir

Greetings my fellow watch enthusiasts. I'm looking at purchasing my first real watch and I've pretty much narrowed it down between the following: Rolex datejust Rolex submariner date Rolex yachmaster I rarely wear suits other than the occasional interview, funeral, and sometimes to church but I'm mostly in chinos and ocbd for work. Which watch would be the most versatile as a first purchase? Thanks.
Hmm sounds like the calvary twill will be a little more of what I'm looking for. I have the navy ripstop from SS14 so there's no need for two cotton navy blazers. I also agree the brown homespun looks nice as well.
Thanks for the reviews mbaum and fycus. I wonder what's the difference between the moleskin and Calvary twill? I want a FW navy blazer but not sure which one will fit the bill. Mbaum you're right about the FW fatigues being longer than the SS. I've noticed that as well over the past few years.
I wish J Crew wouldn't just slap barrie last under every description of an Alden shoe. Since they are worn do you think they'd let me exchange them or am I stuck with them? I've heard their customer service is pretty good.
Have any of you guys had an issue with J Crew saying a pair of Aldens were on the barrie last when you know they aren't? I recently picked up the perforated captoe bluchers and have worn them a few times and suddenly realized the toebox is way too tapered to be barrie. None of my other Aldens on the barrie last fit like this. I know I've already worn them but is there anything I can do at this point other than resell them since they don't fit?
Does anyone know when the unis sale will begin? This time last year it had already began.
Up for Sale is a BNWT EG Baker khaki pima khaki pima cotton blazer in a size large. It's from the SS14 season and the sizing is consistent with your normal EG size. I took a large in the bedford, baker, and andover for this season and they all fit well. This blazer retails for $360 so don't miss out on this great deal!!! Measurements are as follows: Pit to pit-21" back length-27" sleeve length-25" $200 shipped OCONUS. All low ball offers will be ignored.
That duffle is beautiful but I calculated it at $835 USD. I wonder if it's coming in any other colors like navy or charcoal.
Thanks for the help guys. I'm not trying to be that guy to derail the thread but I'm a 11 in nike and new balance, 43 in CP, and 44 in MMM. Sounds like I'd be a 10 or 10.5 in Virgil's and skagways which are on my radar if i can find them at the right price. I'll have some recent purchases to contribute next week when they arrive .
@Dbear looks great. How'd you size them? What's you Alden barrie size?