or Connect

Posts by Roger Everett

I have some. They're not high dollar socks, but as good as the BB socks I have. AND at $4 / pair, could you go wrong.
Harts best ( gold trumprter ) is half canvassed / half fused. I called and talked to one of their tec persons, last year. I have some, and if you wait and take a chance, you can pick up at half price. They used to be top drawer, but like many companies, got bought out by large conglomerate. Although many of their styles are fitted for men like me ( old fuck ), and fairly straight down, they have come out with many younger ( euro ) fitted lines, of late. Side story -- Year...
Of the above pics, the Midnight Blue tux on Daniel Craig is the one I would personally go for, but that's me. The big thing to consider though, is, what does she like/ want. That is the main thing, ask her advice. Having married the 3rd Mrs.E last October, I have learned that a wedding and all the pomp and bs that goes with it ---- you're in the woman's world. How everything goes and flows is much, much, more important to her.
I'm kinda with Quad, neither one says important business meeting. Suit #1 --trendy -- for the young set, at an afternoon party ( loose the shirt ). #2-- loose the tie and shirt. Important meeting, to me -- Suit-- navy - gray ( med to dark) Shirt -- white - blue - white w/ blue --- conservative Tie -- conservative If the meeting is with boss or board, as in someone that can affect your future and wallet, don't try to be in a position where you're outdressing them.
For the life of me, I don't understand why some of you on here keep wanting to push " used " clothes, probably been sweat in and pissed in. They can't do enough cleaning to make me wear used clothes. I don't use anyones comb or toothbrush either, and I like it that way.Roger
I also have to have this done on every jacket. I would though caution anyone needing this alteration done. It's not an operation to be done by the girl at the mall, or cleaners , who can hem your pants. Find a good " real " tailor ( one who also custom makes a suit ), who has good knowledge and experience in their trade. Not done right, can reallly F up a jacket --- voice of experience. Roger
Find a good tailor and use that person for all you needs. This is one big lesson I've learned in life. When I buy a suit , SC , pants etc., I go to the same tailor I always use. Put it on, stand on the box in front of the mirror and just say " what do you think Daniel and what does it need" . Now, I know I always will have collar roll, that needs work, and that you want a good tailor to fix. He also knows where I like my pants to come to , length I ilke sleeves, and fit...
Like mentioned, the #5 last is long and narrow. In most shoes I take a 9 1/2 D ( actually R is 9 1/2 and L is 9 ). There is an AE store in next city where I got measured and fitted. I have those same Strands and a couple pair of 5th Ave. ( same last ), in 9 D and the fit is great. I would definitely take them back. and have your feet measured ( both are not necessarily the same ). And even better yet, check to see if there is an AE store near you. They are experts at...
You mentioned you're going to be wearing studs --- two things come to mind Studs now days come 4 to a set ( and tux shirs only have 4 removeable buttons ). If you don't wear a cummerbund or some waist treatment, you will have a regular white button showing above waist ( take a look at you shirt, and count buttons, next time wearing a suit ). Plus, like mentioned, white shirt showing below coat button. tacky --- tacky The socks -- like also mentioned, if you go with...
WestD21: Sounds like a great tux, love the Midnight Blue. My thoughts on other points: I would definitely go with a cummerbund in the same satin as shawl collar and bow tie. I have worn without, but see it as a more casual look in tux apparel. Generally speaking, it's a cummerbund with bow and vest with regular tie. With a bow tie -- a point or semi-spread shirt collar -- I think a full spread would not be coverd enough with a bow, I would save that to go with a reg....