or Connect

Posts by Roger Everett

Right now thru Nov. 3 is their " special order event " 20% off SO's. Also they are having their perfered customer event, Oct. 26 thru Nov. 4 - 25% off.
BB carries about a half dozen styles of Harry's of London. A couple dress, one patent leather and some casuals.I havent checked them all out, but did look at the patent leather ( made in Italy ) before setteling on AE's.
Fed Ex pulled up to driveway at 5:20 this evening, with my Mayfairs. Think I'll keep my old ( budget minded ) ones around to get abused on cruises.     Went too The local AE store during the sale, but didn't want the display pair, so they ordered them. Fit great, same 5 last as my 5ths and Stands. Now I just have to wait for a next occasion to take them for a walk. Roger I thought I was putting the pics. in, not a click to see, could someone tell me how to attachment,...
Although there's nothing like being able to try them on at a store. I take a 9 1/2 D in most shoes, and my R foot measures 9 1/2 -- L- 9 ( heavy ). 2 years ago I tried on walnut 5 th Ave's both 9 and 9 1/2 D's at an AE store. The 9 D's were the best fit as they are in the 5 last ( long narrow last ). I have since bought a pair of black 5 th Ave's and a pair of walnut Strands ( also in 5 last ), all in 9 D. And they all fit the same, and just right. I also have a pair of...
I personally feel that " sartorial hobbist " sounds a lot better than " an OCD showoff narcissus "
Ninjablu:On my Walnut Stands and 5th aves., and I suppose on yours, sole and heel is darker (chili ). So if h&s need major work, I use the chili heel & sole dressing ( which is more towards semi- transparent than the brown or black , which are a more solid, like paint ). Otherwise ( normal, just shine it ) I just polish with what I'm using on shoe.For the shoe body ( based on my more than 50 years of shining my shoes ), I have always prefered Kiwi. I have tried AE's...
NO. Although at an Edmonds store, they are trained to help you obtain a good fit, in the final analysis, you put it on ( with the proper sock ), and walk around the store a bit. I always bring my own socks, casual- dress- etc. , for what I'm looking for. But from the way I read your post, I'm getting the idea, that you are under the impression that you think, you can pick out a shoe design and get it in a certain last. Although you can order many of their shoes...
I wouldn't worry about the coloration at all. I have both Strand and 5th Ave. in walnut, and neither pair are perfectly uniform in the shading. This is mainly appears to be due to the lightness and transparentness of the walnut coloring. Think of it as the difference between a dyed or stained pc. of wood ( in which you can still see the grain and naturalness of the wood ) and one that has been painted a solid color ( as in a black or brown shoe ). I think of it as adding...
After just wearing them a few times, there is no way I'd try to glue or fix them myself. They would be back on the boat, heading across the pond. Also, if you try glueing yourself or taking them to a local shop, any warranty would probably be voided. And as far as taps or toe guards go, they are for tap dancing, aren't they. Anyone walk into my house wearing them on the wood floors, and they're leaving feet first or head first.
My personal thought -- If you buy the first's, and have any problems -- back to the store. With seconds ( esp. if getting online ) will they have a visual defect, that will bother you.