or Connect

Posts by Roger Everett

Quote: Originally Posted by DancingPete Thanks to all for the help. I can't really grasp how the back could be shortened without the collar being pulled down, as Patrick said. Looking in the mirror, the back does not seem to hang lower. I could send it back for free alterations but with the shipping costs (from America to Hong Kong) and the likelihood that something can still be wrong since I'm not there for a fitting, I think it's best to get it done...
What you are showing is collar roll. This the result of your build, Whether you are slump backed or straight or your neck position to shoulders and whether you are square shouldered. It is also something you want a good tailor for, not the alterations place at the mall or cleaners. As it is one of the alterations that requires skill and experience to do right. Get some with a tailor who comes recommended, and is very experienced -- develope a relationship with him....
I have been priming myself for a couple pairs of new shoes, and have pretty much pinned one pair down to either AE Strands or Fifth Avenues in walnut. Although, I really wanted a partial rubber overlay, as I'm a little hard on front of sole, walking around the rough streets of ST. Augustine, Fl.. Just received the latest BB catalog and see they have added some newbe's that includes matches for Strands and Fifth Avenues, only they have partial rubber sole inlays. Made a...
There are generally 2 ways for fit of tux pants. Mine are fitted snug enough to be not in need of any suporting accessories, although they do have the supender buttons. Some prefer looser and use supenders. Although I prefer a slight break on most pants, on my tux pants, I go with a little more length and break. Do what you prefer, just no cuffs ( cufffless only on tux pants ).
All the alterations people (store) or tailors I've been to in my area ( Fl ) go with 1 1/4" as standard. Which I like, but still, I always check to be sure we're both on the same page.
You might want to check if there is a size tag on the pants, wouldn't be the first time someone switched them. You can generally let out 2", but I would have the good tailor check this before doing anything to the jacket. When the waist needs to be let out, they let it out to above the crouch to even the lay of the pants. If a person just lets it out at the waist band -- think of how a too large pair of pants looks when you tighten up the belt to take it in -- only in...
Quote: Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley That's a weird coat. Though, to be fair, the guy strikes me as being weird as well. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Maybe he is involved in a centennial celebration somewhere, and he will find his razor when it's done.
Kisa After reading your post, I'm getting a feeling of similarity. Got engaged 2 weeks ago, I'm 66 and LOML is 63. Saturday she decided on most likely Oct. 1, mid afternoon, for wedding. So yesterday we were discussing the " what to wear". She is pretty much decided on Ivory ( third time for each of us, so white is out ), and I said, for me a tux, lay down collar, cummerbund, bow tie. And since I already have one, it's a no cost choice. And I'm thinking our sons and...
Kind of lets you know, you got what you paid for "there is nothing that can't be made with less quality and sold at a cheaper price. And those that value price alone, are this man's lawful prey. -- John Ruskin 1819-1900
I have both windowpane and tight pin-stripes, and like them all the same. However my feeling is that pin-stripes are a more formal type of business atttire, as in, think - board meeting - lawyer ( in court )- politician ( giving speech on new bill , speech to corporate big wigs, hitting same big wigs up for $$$$ ) . But,also I think shirt and tie choices are more w/ windowpane.