or Connect

Posts by Roger Everett

I recently bought a pair of Strands and 5th Avenues both in walnut, that show similar uneven finish. This is because the lt. brown staining of the walnut is not as opaque as say black or dk. brown. More like as in staining wood. It will even out and fill in after a few polish and wax treatments. What I do is first polish with the AE walnut polish, as it has a higher stain and pigmet content than wax, then brush and buff. Allow is to set and cure for a half day, then a...
Sunday, after a day ofchurch and running around in the 85 degree day -- and first day for taking my new BB Strands out for a walk
The trousers are too long because ---- That's what you usually end up with on RENTALS
Had this posted in another thread, but this is probably the more appropriate thread. To add a couple more, these are my latest, which I have been wanting awhile and pulled the plug on last week. The first are AE Fifth Ave, in walnut, which came in last Wed. and got there first polish and wax on Wed. afternoon. The second are BB AE Strands in walnut, which I wanted because of the half rubber inlay sole ( to be more for casual ). Need a coupon for them though as they...
To add a couple more, these are my latest, which I have been wanting awhile and pulled the plug on last week. The first are AE Fifth Ave, in walnut, which came in last Wed. and got there first polish and wax on Wed. afternoon. The second are BB AE Strands in walnut, which I wanted because of the half rubber inlay sole ( to be more for casual ). Need a coupon for them though as they charge more than AE. They came in last Friday and will get there polish and wax when I...
As I was polishing some shoes the other day, I thought some might like to see a couple favorite oldies. The first ones, are wings which I bought in either Dec. of 65 or Jan. of 66. They got heavy use for several years, have been resoled twice and healed at as many times. The kicker here for the purist's is that the company I was working had a shoe store in the facility I worked in, and you could buy 2 pair a year at 1/2 jobber cost, they picked up the balance. And...
Quote: Originally Posted by clee1982 you mean sportscoat. 1818 suit are made in Italy while 1818 sports coat are mostly made in Thailand (not all of them though) Brooks, like most all clothiers, get their suits and SC made in many areas, most likely depending on price. I have an 1818 SC ( bought this year ), which is fully canvased and has a sewn in tag that says " union made in USA ".
That looks good, and I'm not a vest man. Love the color and pattern. I, like, hendrix mentioned, like a bit more room in sleeve, for moving around. Nice cut-in at the waist. Picture done, you can breath in now. Roger
Quote: Originally Posted by ndw Big B is SF approved. Personal favorite. Is that a piece or a hat
Picked up a couple pair at Nordstoms Rack last Wed. , $12.90 a pair. They are Woodlore