or Connect

Posts by Mr. Lee

Bought these last year from polar-lemon and wore them once. They are great but I am not a penny loafer guy. Here is the description he provided in his post. It remains accurate. Box (slightly beat up) is included, no trees. "Alden for BB unlined black shell LHS in size 9D. On the Van last, which some say runs about 1/4 size large. These have very light wear, as evidence by the minimal creasing (even without shoe trees in) and the excellent shape of the soles. Toe and...
Got a couple of new Isaia ties here for a fraction of the original price and they are beautiful!
I personally avoided them for years since they were so indentified with "Wall Street"--especially the larger collar models. I have since bought a couple of white collar/cuffs light blue shrit from Brooks Bros. and because the collar points are short they are not as ostentatious. And I am a lawyer, but still would associate this look with Wall Street types.
No interest, so I'm keeping them.
I think they look great and it is only when you mentioned the size of the buckels that I noticed this. I don't think it's an issue at all. Are the other commenters right about the price: $200 USD? That's unbelievable (to me, anyway) for custom shoes. Wear them in good health.
Sorry, but fuck if I know--it's a soft purple to my eye. Try NDC too.
A couple of observations on other's comments. First, if you are lucky enough to find Vilebrequin on Gilt, they will run you at least $100. I should know--I have 2. Also, on the Birdwells, these are a classic surf and life guard trunk but the fit is very small and you have to go up at least a size. Cannot recommend them unless you try them on. They are unlined so be prepared for some irritation on your nut sack when in the ocean. J. Crew has some decent styles but...
These look like they are Tod's. Google it. Good luck. Lee
+1 on the curl you fingers with arms extended--most reliable method. Also, be very wary of sleeve length as most guys just leave them alone and most all need to be shortened. Best to wear a proper fitting shirt (correct sleeve length) to measure but can be done without by a tailor using a ruler. Finally, since you look pretty slim (or just have the skinniest legs possible) don't neglect taking the jacket in at the waist.
Good-looking suit on Ebonyman. I actually have an almost identical "regular" Polo one that was made right here where I live in Syracuse, NY at the former Learbury factory about 15 years ago and it's still in great condition. Learbury made suits for Polo and Brooks Brothers until all the elderly Italian women they had making them eventually died off, the economy changed (same thing happened to Nettleton, a local shoe manufacturer on a par with AE) and lots of things...