or Connect

Posts by Mr. Lee

Hi, anybody know where you can pick up the kind of lapel pin this guy is wearing? Thanks.  
Given away to a needy person. Sorry, gents.
Catch and release from Bimper. As he described them, "a lovely reproduction of military officer's shoes from Alden x Unionmade, size 9 in the Leydon last. Nice rusty brown calf, matched eyelets, antique-styled trim, and heavy single water-lock sole w/Goodyear heel. Just a great pair of handsome, no-nonsense brown bluchers." Unfortunately, on personal inspection, just not my style. I have not even tried them on. Bimper noted that are some scratches on the sole, just...
"Cruel Intentions" by Kilian is my current favorite. Just hit myself again with it.
To offer a helpful reply, -- which can be a rarity on this sitge --- I just received a pair that I bought here on SF for $245 and they look like the $500 mid-range Italian-made shoes they are. If you check around, you will see that just about eveyone has good things to say about them. They're not EG's but they're not AE's, either. At $200, assuming very good condition, a bargain. And, for what it's worth, I think double monks have some staying power. Good luck and...
Thought I was doing something by buying my wife this Kindle Fire but she can't get used to it and wants her old Kindle. Comes with the MarWare case and a 2 year accident warranty. it's only about a week old and there is nothing wrong with it. I paid $273 for the whole thing. Asking $150. Paypal only and shipping CONUS only please. I did not include a picture because I don't have my laptop with me -- doing this on my iPad. Besides, it's easy to see what it looks...
As a follow up to my post about the abysmal fit of SS's 44R on my normal 44R frame, I actually did the math with their and my measurements and in the "Half Washington" sport coat (this is the semi-fitted model) I came out as a 48R! I ordered the jacket expecting to be disappointed so I could rag on the company a little more, but it fits very well. Just needs the sleeves taken up. Also, it is a fine length for me (I'm too old for the "shorty" look in coats) but some...
I just happen to have a sport coat from them that I received today. I ordered it on-line. It is supposed to be a 44R (EU54). I am a 44R in just about every brand. but this coat fits like about a 40R, if that. It's a nice jacket but if you're going to make a 44R, even in a slim cut, make it a 44R. I have suit coming from them (from the $469 price point) and I am not optimistic. I called the store in NYC, it's on Broome St. and you can readily Google it. The sales guy...
Realizing that I may be asking for trouble: Hermes Un Jardin Sur Le Nil, even though it's only 70 degrees out.
Put me on the list as wanting a pair of double monks in brown, 9D US. English or Italian, traditional to updated styling with burnishing would be ideal. I have very good feedback as a buyer, so, if any of you guys I have purchased from got something, you know I'm no tire kicker. Thanks all! Lee