or Connect

Posts by Mr. Lee

I say you can horse around being fat, tanning and even smoking for a while and then it is time to get fit, lose the fake bake, and knock off the butts. The cumulative effect kicks in at about 40 and at 50 or so, it really makes a difference. Your skin is like shoe leather, being fat is just unhealthy, and there is no case to be made for smoking: it kills and it makes you stink. It really is now just for the lower social orders. No question building muscle is key and...
The taking out is no big deal-you just need to remember not to put them in a napkin and then roll it up and throw it away. I had to wear a retainer for quite a while and they can get kind of smelly, so I would take a quick trip to the can, remove it, rinse it and put it back in its plastic case in my pocket. Re-insertion can be accomplished discretely at tableside, assuming you haven't had something to eat that is making them a poor fit (i.e., peanuts), in which case,...
Check out the British company Shipton & Heneage-they have a USA site. I bought a pair of suede boots and a pair of suede tassel loafers and they are very nice at $255-$275 or so. They also have some longer toe box styles that are more fashion forward than AE captoes or wingtips. Customer service was decent, but you have to deal with the time change and the fact that there is one person assigned to US orders (even on the web) and since she was "on holiday", my order sat...
I got one from Land's End for my son and it is a good value as well as all-season. It may have been $295 or cheaper. And it does have gold-tone buttons.
I just bought some from an SF seller: E-mail is lizhiqiang.a2@gmail.com. Having said that, I just posted a thread asking what to do with them: have not seen these anywhere as a current or emerging trend. But they were about $2 a pair, so, so what?!
I just bought a bunch of colored shoelaces--they seem to be mostly red, pink and orange--from a seller on SF. I did notice that someone had asked the seller if he/she had ever seen these in action. I myself have not, my sources (due to my location in Upstate NY) being solely publications: GQ, British GQ, Esquire (both) and Scott Shulman's book, "The Sartorialist." I can see these working on a brown fashion forward lace-up, in a business casual setting even with a suit,...
Protein bars. Chicken is a pain to lug around and tuna stinks, as do hard boiled eggs. Nuts are good but you end up eating too many.
Close grip benches best for triceps. Kickbacks are strictly a finishing move. Try them with a cable, just grabbing the end without a stirrup.
Jergens makes a facial tanner with SPF-about 15 I think. Kills two birds, works great, although it has a bit of fragrance that dissipates quickly. Get the "medium to tan" darker version. $8 or so for a small tube. I use it in the morning and sometimes at lunch after the gym.
I agree with Terre by Hermes. It's one of my 6-8 staples.