or Connect

Posts by Mr. Lee

Striped tie just doesn't look good. I have a similar gingham shirt and always wear a solid knit tie. Nothing else has seemed to work - the shirt just has too much going on. But based on your dot combo, I will try it, so thanks!
Pea coat. I found the Polo one to be the nicest fitting (for under $500) but the buttons are sewn on for shit. Also, Spiewak (maker of original pea coat I think) has some decent casual styles and you can find them on Zappos.
Used to use them. Had a leaker. End of story for me.
Quote: Originally Posted by lee_44106 It's probably that "Brunello Cucinelli" tag and the corresponding price tag. Had it said "Faded Glory" you probably would not give it a second look. Amen to "BC price tag." Not everything the guy makes (or licenses out) is magical and worth the money.
Quote: Originally Posted by mack11211 Traditions are culturally and geographically specific. For the Americans, it's a center vent. For the English, it's a double vent. For the French and the Italians, it may be a double vent or it may be none at all. I prefer a double vent but have all the styles among my various coats. This guy got it right all around!
I doubt you want to go custom made. A standard point collar works well with a pin. See if www.tiebar.com has any. If the spread on the collar is too wide, it will not hold together. Also, I question the use of this accessory--something of an affectation, IMO, especially without a dressy suit. But since most doctors dress like shit, with hideous ties and "comfortable shoes" (plus chinos), you'll stand out for sure! Good luck with it.
Price is decent, but watch the sizing. All of their stuff is cut small, which is typical of English outerwear. I had to upsize on two of their pieces. Check that out carefully, I would suggest.
Another vote for brown and against box toe and for wearing low cut rubbers.
Ugly and junky, and if I know GILT (and I do), probably overpriced vis-a-vis real MSRP anyway.
No sweater, and do you have anything other than brown? Brown is not a first choice for a job interview. You should have a solid stable of blue, gray and pinstripes before getting a brown suit. And please don't buy a green one.