or Connect

Posts by Mr. Lee

Quote: Originally Posted by deranged Thanks for all your comments guys. So I think I'm set on getting the watch with numbers and the date only. Designer time has a 10% off deal right now until Jan 31st, and shipping is only ~$15. After conversion, it comes to $820 CND. http://www.watchesjewelleryandgifts....y_junghans.htm If you guys have coupon codes or cheaper sources, please let me know. I'm going to buy order it tomorrow. Also, I found...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mr. Lee +1 on that. You have to be vigilant and check all the time. I have at least 6 pairs I acquired over the last couple of years, regular price $450-$500, on sale for half. Other than that you are pretty much stuck in the Cole Haan range. I meant to say on the Brooks Brothers website. Just the other day they had white wintips, two models in my size for $250.
Quote: Originally Posted by binge Brooks Brothers Peal & Co brand on sale. +1 on that. You have to be vigilant and check all the time. I have at least 6 pairs I acquired over the last couple of years, regular price $450-$500, on sale for half. Other than that you are pretty much stuck in the Cole Haan range.
Not for me but a better-looking version of the shirt was featured in a J. Peterman catalogue; can't remember which of the 14 I get each year. Rather eccentric, as with much of his stuff.
Yukon XL, all black, loaded, nice wheels. 6.2 ltr. V-8 (4th one). Kids are out of and in college, but I like having the room and the high view of the road, room for dogs, skis, and the odd furniture item my wife finds in out of the way places. Also suitable for transporting Cabinet members. Just moved wife out of her 3rd Volvo XC-70 AWD wagon into a Porsche Cayenne with really nice wheels. So, we might be taking her car a bit more...
Quote: Originally Posted by Raven Thanks for all the responses so far! Alpha: Yeah, I'm kind of aware that I'll have only entry-level watches at under $5000 (and I'm completely fine with that), and probably very few that do in-house. I think GO does, but again over $5K. I was thinking about the IWC Portofino as the starter watch to look at (esp. since there's a new 2011 line coming up) but I guess you kind of burst the bubble on that one - that it's...
Not in lace-up boots on a dry day as one poster pictured. Yes in Wellies when it is snowy. Yes also in Uggs or similar tall boots when it is snowy. Yes also in big, clunky black zip-up 12" galoshes when it is snowy. I speak with authority since the city I live in (Syracuse) has the record this year for snowfall in the county at about 113 inches (Bryan Williams said it so last night on the news) and unless you want wet, salt-stained pants, you have no choice. I keep...
Sorry, no pics but I have about a dozen of them, all French Cuff, medium spread: solids, including white and blue (herringbone, poplin and broadcloth) and gingham and I think they have performed very well. I have always bought them on sale and I benefit from the fact that I am an 18" neck and can wear a 36" inch sleeve in the French Cuffs because the bulk of the cuff prevents it from protruding too far (I am ideally a 34"). I think I got them for around 4 for $100 or so...
Quote: Originally Posted by Ianiceman Agree with most of this but you forgot to add the ridiculous sockless thing they have in so many of their spreads, even for business looks. I love GOB and agree with almost everything he says. They gave him a grand total of five letters in the latest mag. so the best thing about GQ is shrinking month by month. I won't be renewing. YES, I did forget sockless--like that's such an emerging trend, too. And I...
Quote: Originally Posted by TheIdler +1 on Ian Frazier, especially Great Plains. Will check out Martin Booth, thanks for the rec. Sure thing. Loved Great Plains. Can you believe how much time this guy spends on research while still maintaining a tremendous wit? For a quick read, check out "Lamentations of the Father," bunch of essays.