or Connect

Posts by mmmmpay

I'm looking to buy a couple oxford shirts for regular and versatile use. My hope is to find a few that I can get now, then wash and live in myself. But J Crew, Lands End Canvas, LL Bean Signature, and Rugby all advertise the washed and lived-in look of their oxfords. They're taking the fun out of it, or at least what I assume is the fun out of it. Not had the chance to wash and live in a new and quality oxford thus far in my life. So does anyone here recommend a brand of...
New releases up on the site. Nothing strikes as me as desirable, even in a "I can't wait until this goes on sale!" kind of way. Curious to hear how others feel; I'm not one to take chances with outerwear. http://www.llbean.com/llbeansignature/llb/shop/508733?page=new&subrnd=1&nav=sigsn-20
Hi there, I am looking to never wear another pair of Rockports, but I am also on a budget. So used but quality seems the way to go. I have a short, wide foot. I am looking for size 7E or 7EE. My bare foot on a ruler is about 4", +/- a 16th of an inch, at its widest. For comparison: On my feet are a pair of size 7 chucks. I can get my foot in them, but i deliberately skip the second eye-hole when I lace them and cannot tie them too tight. I have a pair of Katahdin boots...
Allow me to bump my post count by one: Collar: You're wearing a casual shirt, so chances are various and precise collar styles you see on dress shirts are out. I think the club collars floating around jcrew these days are ridiculous. Button-down collars are nice because they stay in one place. But uh, point collars are fine too? Bottom of the shirts are generally round...? Flat-bottomed shirts tend to be wide and of the Hawaiian or bowling style. If that's your thing,...
Thought about doing this. I live on Long Island Sound and my 501s just get a little wet and sandy through daily wear on the beach. Figure that over time the lower 5 inches might just absorb some salt and take on a lighter color. Going to look silly, but, hey, that's fine. Good to know pure ocean has a positive effect. My mom told me that, as a teenager, going into the ocean then rolling around on the beach was how she broke in a new pair of jeans. So I think I'll do it...
EMY-- All merrels I've owned wore quickly on pavement. But that may be because I tried to making hiking sneakers into sneakers. I only wear my chameleons on the trail now. The leather on all merrels I've had is inferior to that on my katahdins, though I've never had boots by them. Anyway, I love my katahdins more than any pair of boots or shoes i have or have had. I think the styling is more versatile than those merrels--the padded cuff and lugs make them seem a little...
Several students the other day commented about how I resemble Dr. Who. I do not watch the show, so the comment didn't mean much to me, but I'm familiar enough to have guessed at the identity of the man below. As it happens I got my first tweed jacket over the weekend. And I just ordered a few more bow ties. So it looks like I'll resemble Dr. Who more than before now, for better or worse.
I too am surprised. I wonder how much wear is attributed to the tightness of the jeans commonly worn here, relative to, say, a pair of loose gap jeans worn for lawn mowing. I imagine the strain and friction is far greater when the fabric is more frequently in contact with the skin.
I am yet to see anyone in a suit save the administrators. Which I am for. Teacher style is a fun thing to partake in. I imagine I'll get more regular use from my corduroy jacket or blue cotton blazer than most people who own the equivalent but work in a more formal setting. Simply tucking in a shirt goes far here.
Anyone have experience with Dockers Corduroys? Good buy at discount? And does any one have experience taking the logo off? A small detail, but the logos bug be. It's much of the reason I buy pants at the gap. http://us.dockers.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11790324&cp=&sr=1&kw=corduroy&origkw=corduroy&parentPage=search