or Connect

Posts by mmmmpay

1 Pair Left Field Slim Straight Cone Mills Selvedge Jeans. Picked them up new at Hickoree's; retail is $175. Worn for a total of about 2 hours, never out of my house. Soaked once in a belief they would shrink a bit. I was wrong and now I've got jeans that don't fit. Make me an offer! Paypal only, please. Measurements per the Hickoree's Web Site: Waist: 32 Inseam: 35 Front Rise: 11 Leg Opening: 7.5 Upper Thigh: 10.5
Thanks. The small concern was whether having them bent or curled in anyway would affect indigo loss. Didn't think it would be a problem, glad to have that confirmed.
I'm so tempted to just list things I see on Well-Spent. So instead, I'll suggest that everyone who doesn't already go read well-spent Most of what's listed would be considered unaffordable by the standard we're trying to set in this thread, but it's great for recommendations on well-crafted and attainable items. And as I think this thread has more or less nailed down where to find quality affordable basics, I'd love to see more items that fit closer to the other...
And while I'm here, Does anyone know whether their no-return policy on sale items is the same for deadstock/seconds? The page only explicitly says no return on sale items. Sent an e-mail about a week ago; never heard back.
Any or all have advice about shrinking these without tub access? I have a standup shower, but I'm looking to get maximum shrinkage. Should I wait until I get a tub I can fill up with hot water and let them sit for a few hours, or will these shrink appropriately with what a shower can provide? Thanks much
I use a longish bolt snap. Looks ever-so-slightly more refined in my eye, than a carabiner. And a bit easier to find. http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100165580/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&keyword=bolt+snap&storeId=10051
A mention of Merino Socks came up. I'll say that I wear wigwam wool socks 80% of the time i wear socks. Pretty much I'm either sockless or woolsocked, unless I'm wearing dress shoes. http://www.wigwam.com/ 9$ a pair. Made in the USA. And makes SmartWool look like a pile of hot garbage. Which it is, after about ten wears. Speaking of cheap and indispensable wool products: http://www.soldiercity.com/navy-issue-wool-watch-cap.html Navy Issue Wool Hat. In Navy.
Hi Class Act, I too have done a whole bit of research, and still struggled to pull the trigger. I have no experience with anything I'm about to share, but figured I'd pass on the research I've done to you. Tellason recently released the Gustave Fit, which they bill as having wider legs and a narrow taper. The heavier denim they offer is particularly dark. Left Field's Greaser measures as having wide thighs and a taper. I believe these target a bit of the "workwear"...
That's the one--the basic indigo cone mills denim.
I've read that Left Field denim is a bit of departure from normal, but I'm trying to gauge by just how much. Is it a bad place to start for a first pair of raw jeans? Or is just slightly different then what I'd get elsewhere? I've been eyeing the greaser.