or Connect

Posts by mmmmpay

Picked these up during the firesale. Fit doesn't work for me. Tried on, never worn. Would be willing to trade for a 33 in navy or tan predator cut. Otherwise I'm just looking to get my money back.
Wolf vs Goat Pistachio Overdye After Dinner Oxford. Picked up during the firesale. Tried on, sorta fits, but I've decided it doesn't fit well enough to keep. Never worn. Just looking to get my money back. Price includes shipping CONUS.
This certainly doesn't require 100m, just some time. Regardless, this seems like a neat place for feedback. Does editorial consulting for small business have any legs? Most successful people can write well enough to not embarrass themselves, but what writing I see could still use a lot of work and has awful style. So I would charge hours for revising any important non-legal documents--letters to investors, for example, or, as I've been doing a bit of, business proposals...
Can anyone speak to the fit of the Unionmade x Goldenbear jackets? The measurements say a small goes 19 inches pit-to-pit, but the diagram seems to suggest that's measured from the armpit of the wearer, not from the seam between body and sleeve as I'm accustomed to interpreting such measurements. 19 inches pit to pit to me seems slim for a jacket; I'm trying to determine whether I should size up. Thanks. Here's a link for those curious:...
MyHabit sent me an e-mail advertising "Gitman Blue," then showing photos of shirts that I've seen labeled as GBV. Does anyone have an idea what that's about?
Hey there, There is a "things I'm selling on ebay thread" somewhere in this forum, and also a separate buying and selling forum elsewhere on the site. Check 'em out! I believe that they are more appropriate and also more effective places to share your listing.
A few comments on sizing: In the photo above, those loafers seem to take on the cereal bowl look mine took on after a few weeks. Then I bought shoe trees. For me, shoe trees return the heel to it's narrow and stiffer shape. Without them my shoes would be slippers. Also: I got my Trail Oxfords with the half footbed. Because of repeated slippage, I asked to have the foot bed replaced with the full-length one they now use. (Which Oak Street graciously did because their...
Wild right? They're trying to get in on the made in America bandwagon but for a lack of manufacturing presence just carry other brands. They carry a lot of Barbour too, and their footwear selection is good for Wolverines or Eastland Made in Maine. I'm hoping to come across one of these at discount some day: http://www.orvis.com/store/product.aspx?pf_id=6H1P&dir_id=885&group_id=22497&cat_id=22498&subcat_id=22499
Visited an Orvis outlet, as they tend to carry a few brands I like. Walked out with 3 pairs of LVC Raw Denim in 34-34 and a pair of The Stronghold Herringbone Jeans in a 32. Two of the LVCs I've identified as 1966. The others I'm not sure, but I gave them to my brother. They have green herringbone pocketbags, if that helps. All were new but without original tags, just the Orvis one. I paid 29.99 each. Not amazing, but pretty good. Orvis! They have some great shoes at the...
I just picked up pair #1000 from my local Orvis outlet. Very clearly a returned item, showing some wear on the sole and upper, but nevertheless a steal. They were, accidentally I imagine, priced as a returned standard 1000 mile boot. I paid 200$ for them. I have enjoyed them for the hour or so I've worn them around the house, but I'm still on the fence about whether to keep or flip or return--I don't need them for any reason. That said, if you're looking for pair I...