or Connect

Posts by Walking Man

Kobe turned his ankle pretty bad last night. I would say that he misses the next game but you never know with Kobe.
Miami's confidence is shaken right now. I've noticed they get tight and the end of games, especially the last two. It's gotta be Lebron or Wade takeover at the end and will them to a win. Hopefully they don't breakout against the Lakers.
Quote: Originally Posted by NoVaguy Bynum is very injury prone. I'm not sure he'll be a significant player in 3 years. I can't remember how Bynum got hurt the first time but his second injury was a freak accident caused by Kobe falling backwards into his leg. The Lakers have been winning recently due to the play of Bynum and he's getting better every game. If the Lakers were to actually give him the ball him the post he would easily score...
Quote: Originally Posted by zippyh Since we're making lists ... Cigar LWB Captoe oxfords WP PTB w/ crepe #8 Brooks Brothers wingtips BB Monks Captoe boots (remember Team Shoe Seaport?) LS Indy #4 PTB Ravello NST boot Chukkas wingtip boot Whiskey Indy LWB black shell LS Indy Brownish calf 405 Indy 6 eyelet boot 9 eyelet captoe boot LS AAAC wingtip LS LWB on single oiled sole brown CXL ultimate indy brown CXL PTB w/...
Quote: Originally Posted by guster Rondo??? Have you ever seen him scream/ hollar or fist pump - He is unlike 95% of the other NBA players. I get the Garnnett thing and even Pierce but Rondo? I think he plays the game the right way - like a D. Fisher, although DF will get more carried away than even Rondo. I think it has to do more about him flopping all over the place. Being a Laker fan I don't like any of them but Rondo is the one I...
Quote: Originally Posted by Cordwinder How much of the better shooting is from the changes in rules? Didn't Michael Jordan say that he would be averaging 100 points if he were playing with today's rules during his prime? (or something like that) P.S. I'm just trying to have a discussion. Not trying to be a troll here. If you don't want to engage, ignore this post please. To piggy back on what you said I think players are abusing the change...
Quote: Originally Posted by Cordwinder I keep trying to think of something witty to say but basketball players had skills back then. Consistent jump shot before leaping abilities. Perhaps everyone wanted to be like MJ or the Stern & Co, put entertainment before winning. Team management maybe had longer tolerance to team and player development instead of championship or bust attitude with every draft sensation. I can't comment though, Im not following...
Quote: Originally Posted by sexandcandy Yeah it was dumb officiating. But that spill Horford took was nasty. It made MY back hurt. He's gonna be feeling that for a few days. I wouldn't be surprised if he missed the next game. Blake fell pretty hard too falling directly on his side with his ribs exposed. It was painful all the way around. Quote: Originally Posted by Imhoff Speaking of poor officiating, the Suns lost...
Did anyone just see the Clipper game? I can't remember the last time I was this heated after a game. The refs were terrible in the last minute. How do they determine a jump ball after using only two camera angles to determine who the ball went out on? And then after saying jump ball why do they not let anyone jump instead of the two players involved? And then to end the game they call a flagrant foul!!! Wow, this game was just ridiculous. If I had a way to get a...
It's funny that a few of the complaints about poor service was at Brooks Brothers. I too had a bad experience there. So I walk into the store and only a few customers are there at the time but not a single SA acknowledges me or even comes over to offer any assistance for the five minutes I was browsing the shirts. Eventually, I find my size in an SF shirt and go to the fitting room to try it on. The first guy I meet there just seemed like he was annoyed that he had to...