or Connect

Posts by john_sf

Quote: Originally Posted by Butler MBIT (Mystery Bespoke Italian Tailor) I am very impressed by this jacket. Fantastic.
Denver ? Low humidity, cool air at night, functional downtown/metro area ... housing should be pretty reasonable, although I haven't checked lately.
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitontini There's nothing wrong with leaving 1 button unbuttoned. I do it all the time. What's the point of having working buttons if you're not going to use them? No, that's not the point I'm making. I'm saying that when you see it on a big time CEO, in front of congress, it's closer to being "the right way". Which is interesting.
I'm in the camp that considers a button (or two) left unbuttoned on jacket sleeves to be tacky. However, I think it's only a matter of time before leaving a single one unbuttoned evolves into "correct" or "proper" and this looks like the first step: http://www.boingboing.net/2011/05/15/RTR2D74H.jpg It's one thing for Mr. MBA at the hip bar to be doing it, but the CEO of GS has nothing to prove to anyone. He might just be clueless in the style realm, but however...
Here is how I would spend 8 days ... Fly from SFO to NYC. Arrive around 5 or 6pm. Stay in midtown, have a nice dinner and see a show. Next morning, have a nice run in central park, do some shopping, get to the airport for an 8pm flight to Zurich. Stay at the park hyatt for two nights. Eat rich continental food. Do lots of walking. Then rent a car and drive south (1.5 hours) to Davos. Stay at the Arabella Sheraton (with starpoints ?). Do some hiking. Next...
Quote: Originally Posted by coolpapaboze Where did you go in Marin? K&L, WineClub, Kermit Lynch are probably the top three. Thanks very much. I went to what appeared to be a fairly high end shop in downtown Mill Valley. Don't remember the name. I also went to the shop on the corner in San Anselmo ... right on S.A. Ave. - which I didn't have high expectations of, but was surprised that they had almost NO french wine, etc. If...
I'm looking for a very good, very high end wine shop in San Francisco that isn't geared exclusively to californian wines. I've been to most of the good shops where I live, in Marin County, and not one of them had even a single bottle of Cahors, and some of them did not even have Ch√ɬĘteauneuf-du-Pape. Where should I visit in the city ?
I will be buying this book and intend to read a fair portion of it.
All of the sushi restaurants in Aspen (there are three) have been serving wonderful lamb chop dishes, which sounds very odd and wrong ... but it works. I have had some tremendous meals at Matsuhisa and Kenichi that consisted of sushi apps, salads, sashimi and so on, and instead of moving on to a big roll or a yellowtail collar, etc., we had wonderful Colorado lamb chops as the main course. These are wonderful meals every time - especially as it allows you to properly...
Quote: Originally Posted by sw20 But given no. of models, lasts, sizes, leather colors, etc, physically visiting any retailer is a waste of time anyway Leffot simply mailed me an EG in last/size I was considering; fit great; sent it back and then spec'd my MTO shoes which arrived some 4 mos later (and was pleased with fit/quality/value of EG MTO shoes and Leffot's seamless process)...and now I easily spec future EG MTOs or TDs via emailing Leffot I...