or Connect

Posts by john_sf

Rip to wav/pcm or you will rip them again. Codecs come and go, but the raw bits from the disc can always be used any way you want in the future. Unless you like handling cds ....
The "whole-washing". Most items at WF have sugar in them that is labeled "organic evaporated cane juice". Everyone is up in arms about the industry push to relabel high fructose corn syrup as "corn sugar", but it's not any less deceptive than what the "whole" and "organic" producers are doing with "cane juice". Recently a houseguest brought home some "honey sweetened granola" from Trader Joes and when I looked at he ingredient list, it was Oats, Sugar, ....,...
I am currently appreciating two things about California ... and I say "appreciate" in the more formal sense of the word ... First, take a look at this ranking of US cities by population: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._by_population ... and note that San Francisco is pretty far down the list, at #13. However, San Jose is #10, and the combined Oakland/Berkeley/Fremont @ ~700k would be at #18 ... this is not counting any of the Palo...
Quote: Originally Posted by john_sf What is this ? Anyone ? The weird black camera/flashlight/whatever device made by Canon ...
Quote: Originally Posted by lasbar Your average mugger has more experience in dealing with that kind of situations than you do and a knife is not exactly the best protective weapon in the world... Exactly. This is the key point that everyone (including myself in years past) fails to grasp. Your IDPA matches train you for IDPA. Your Kali classes train you for Kali classes. Your dowel rod knife sparring trains you for dowel rod knife...
Thanks. It looked like LSH was "sold out" of this particular shoe, but after contacting them, it appears they can make a pair for me for ~ $1300, including trees, etc.
Quote: Originally Posted by NOBD What is this ?
Gildan heavy cotton t shirts ... blank ... $5 or so from amazon, in any color you want. They are very well made, as opposed to blank American Apparel shirts that are often misshapen or crooked, and do not have the variable quality you find from gap/BR t shirts.
Edward Green shoes are not (AFAICT) sold in San Francisco, where I live. I'd really like a pair of these: http://www.leathersoulhawaii.com/wp-...ploads/kib.jpg Am I correct that this is an EG Kibworth 606 ? The color is Burgundy Antique, according to the source of that picture. I am currently wearing a Stefanobi slip-on in size 8.5 (I wear an American 9.5) ... what size should I be shooting for in an English slip-on like this ? How accommodating is a...
Quote: Originally Posted by Butler MBIT (Mystery Bespoke Italian Tailor) I am very impressed by this jacket. Fantastic.