or Connect

Posts by john_sf

I'm a bit put off by the thought of a "sack suit", however, I also have a bespoke Samuelsohn - I wonder if Oxxford has similar styling, since they are both somewhat old fashioned american brands ?I am very happy with the Samuelsohn, so if they're along the same lines I have nothing to worry about...Comments ?
Well, the price range of $4000 was what I was told for a MTM three piece suit in middle-of-range fabric choices.I imagine if you chose the lower end fabric book and only made a two-piece suit you might get a price with a 2-handle on it ... not sure.
A year or ... two ... ago ? Wasn't there a styleforum meetup at wingtip ?How did that go ? Were folks impressed with their bespoke tailoring (the things they do downstairs) ?I'd really love to hear from someone who actually had a suit made there ... I think I've read all I need to read about Oxxford suits and their high quality, etc., but I'd like to hear about having a suit made at wingtip ...
Odd that the oxxford website has no catalog or examples ... or anything at all, really: http://www.oxxfordclothes.com/
I would like to have a bespoke suit made. I spoke to the people downstairs at wingtip, in san francisco, and the top of their line is a brand called "Oxxford". I see very favorable things written about that brand here on SF, as relate to the quality and workmanship. I also saw some comments that their style is very boxy and old school, but perhaps that has changed in the last 4-5 years ? I wonder if anyone has any comments about buying a bespoke Oxxford suit in 2015 in...
Two and a half years ago I bought a bottle of Glenlivet XXV. It was exactly as I expected - sublime. Perfectly balanced, deep, rich ... again, just exactly what I would have hoped for in a $300+ bottle of whiskey that is very highly regarded. So, exactly one year ago, I bought another bottle. It's terrible. I am not a whiskey blogger, and I don't keep "tasting notes", so forgive me ... I'll do my best. It's really orange-y tasting and has almost nothing to taste on...
Thanks a lot. I think I will try the Nectar d'Or - I've been meaning to try it anyway...
Hmmm... I guess I'm thinking of glenlivet as somewhat plain or unadorned ... it's very, very good, of course, but it doesn't have that defining characteristic of smoke and peat that the Islay malts have.So I'm looking for something that has something equally as defining and overpowering, but on the opposite end of the smoke and the peat ... I'm thinking of flavors like vanilla and apricot and cinnamon and so on ... but I'm open to other suggestions as well.Thanks for your...
I am looking to round out my regular scotches by balancing Ardbeg uigeadail with ... something else that would be its opposite. My baseline, the center, is Glenlivet 25. That is staying put as the "control" in the middle. But I also really like Ardbeg uigeadail ... or something equally as smokey and peaty, etc. What would balance this out, on the other end ? If I had to pick from what I've drunk in the past, I would say Glenmorangie Quinta Rubin... which is probably a...
Right. That was my thought. I *want* it to be substantive, as I would, in fact, like a glass of scotch and walk through your hip store and some guy getting his hair cut and so on ... but that's the kind of thing that never actually works.