or Connect

Posts by deepitm

Got a postcard in the mail. Brooks Bros will have their 30% off with corporate card (just the membership card, not a credit card) next Thursday October 18. It said some exclusions may apply, but didn't list what they might be.
Nice Mopar. Used to have a 73 'Cuda.
$365 is absurd for Johston & Murphy. Heck, $3.65 is ridiculous for em as well. If at all possible, return. Meermin, Shipton & Heneage, AE, high end used off eBay, go to Nordstrom Rack. Plenty of options in the $200 - $350 category. You can prob even scoop Aldens on a J Crew 20% off day for that kind of money.
In general, it's a matter of luck. Being quick with numbers, having the capacity to handle stress, and graduating from a good university in a technical background are what most places look for. But you don't need to have any sort of financial licensing to be a prop trader.
I really like the new Ford Escape. I saw one this morning on the way into work. I think it's a cool looking car for the masses. I also really like the Buick Regal Turbo. I would like to drive that thing some time. I feel like it would be fun to thrash around in. It looks great in black with the big gunmetal factory wheels.
so much win/fail on this page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/People-of-the-CTA/117122591631236
Saw a guy cleaning out his ears with a q-tip this morning on the El.
It is honestly absurd to tell someone to buy a GL550 (@ approx 100k) but to avoid a used BMW 7 series because you might get hit with some crazy repair bills. You would need to blow the engine and transmission and have a raccoon nesting in your backseats in the 7 series to have repair bills that would come anywhere near the amount of depreciation you will face from the GL. Also, what is so great about the GL? Pretty sure in 10 years when we look back at cars from this...
I saw a Ferrari FF this week in Chicago. It is hideous. It looks like a Hyundai Veloster. It drove by while I was walking with my wife. I told her it was a $300k car and she went on a tirade about how terrible looking it was for that much money.
Maybe not the best thread for this, but there is an eBay seller who has lots of Barbour stuff (including Tokito / Heritage lines) for pretty reasonable prices. Seller's handle on eBay is eli*nor (no affiliation). I got a Barbour Tokito lined jacket for $210 + shipping. I was looking at this same jacket last year for $800. Variety of sizes. Stuff does not seem to be factory seconds or anything (I wore it out in heavy rain and no problems whatsoever). Good pickups for...