or Connect

Posts by deepitm

It really sounds like you should just go to BYU. It really maximizes quality versus price. It is super cheap and it seems like the top 25% have no problem getting jobs. I am in Chicago and there are quite a few people that start out in big law here every year that went to BYU for law school. So they are making the same money that the Northwestern and UChicago kids are making, despite spending 1/5 as much. However, I know you don't want to do big law, but the point to...
Okay, enough flaming. Eddie, what people are trying to tell you is that shoes should not be worn 5 days a week. Let's assume you work 5 days a week. If that's the case, you shouldn't be wearing the same pair of shoes every day to work. Not really because it's a fashion faux pas, but really because it's just bad for the shoes. Men's dress shoes are made of all natural products (leather and cork, basically), not from something synthetic like nylon, gore tex, etc. As a...
Barker Black. English, so traditional influences, but definitely sleek and fashion forward (the skulls and crossbones and all). Although at retail, you can definitely get higher quality for the same or even less.
I have gone to Maria Tesseris at Golden Needle on several occasions and have been pleased with the work. She doesn't try to force a house style on you and understands if you want to do something more on the trendy side. In Chicago, I have been to a few tailors whom I've had to fight tooth and nail in order to get a slimmer pant leg, a bigger cuff, a trimmer jacket, little to no break, etc. Maria, on the other hand, is very easy to work with. Also, lots of high end...
The Office (US and UK) Friday Night Lights (good to watch with wife / gf) Dexter Mad Men Breaking Bad Workaholics Parenthood (good to watch with wife / gf) Louie Office Space Exit Thru the Gift Shop The Game Stephen Fry in America Collapse Die Hard American Pickers Bloodline Top Gear (UK) Street Thief 30 Rock Incident at Oglala The League Mesrine American Gigolo Still Bill The Last Mountain Cocaine Cowboys The Art of the Steal The Rape of Europa The Thin Blue...
+1 on Margin Call. Also, a good movie. Recently watched the recent OSS 117 movies with Jean Dujardin and he has some good looking suits. He actually makes the 3 button look very good, and I'm generally not a fan. Kind of a Mad Man minimal aesthetic going back to the basics with regard to colors, patterns, shirt/tie combos.
H&M v-necks are longer in the arms and body. I am 6'2" (188 cm) and they are just long enough for me. Get the merino wool ones. Only $40 USD at full retail. They don't wear out quickly in my opinion, but I don't wash sweaters very often.
Does TM Lewin Fully Fitted have pleats in the back / shoulders or is it a plain back? Thanks in advance.
What a couple people alluded to, but never really stated outright, is something that you can learn from your girlfriend and it's called high-low. This is where you mix expensive stuff with beater items, and chicks do this all the time. One place to get particularly good mileage in this area is getting good shoes because it's easy to tell the difference between $100 shoes and $500 shoes. It's hard to tell the difference between $75 denim and $200 denim. It's hard to...
This one is not for the faint of heart. Damen Leathers bought at a flea market in Frankfurt, Germany. Actually came with matching leather motorcycle pants. and the back...