or Connect

Posts by deepitm

Sizing is slim. I wear 31 in APC New Standards or Petit Standards and pretty much 32 in everything else. I have several pairs of 32s from Ovadia & Sons. Although I could squeeze into them, I ultimately had an inch let out of the waist. Next time I order pants from them, I will get 34s (and I don't own a 34 anything). So I would say strongly consider a 30, especially if you are planning on tucking shirts into the pants.
Get a used B7 RS4.
The best part of this entire thread was all the hate on MikeDT. YOU CAN'T GET A SAUCE AS THICK AND SWEET OVER THERE! Re: the SA's, I actually stopped shopping at Barney's in Chicago because my SA left. It makes a pretty big difference in the experience in shopping at a store when you have cultivated that relationship. Sometimes, they will even fluff you.
I agree. I shop there substantially less as a result of the fact that I am not a "founding member" and I have actually complained to their customer service about this. It's a new business. They're competing for new clients. They shouldn't start out by isolating a ton of potential clients by locking them out of anything. I had the opportunity to sign up to be a founding member for Mr. Porter when it was starting out. I didn't because I didn't want to be inundated with...
Ask for more than you want. I've never heard of someone not getting hired because they wanted too much money. I have heard of people turning down jobs because the employer wasn't willing to pay enough. FYI $65/hr is 130k per year assuming basic work week. It's much easier to ask for money up front as opposed to asking for a raise later.
Agreed on being able to find 2001-02 M3 for ~15k if you're patient. Saw one recently for 15.5 and I was blown away that they were listed that low already. That is one of the best looking cars of that era. I think it will be a classic.
1. 1989 Jeep Cherokee w/ 220k on it (got it in 2000) 2. 1997 VW Passat GLX VR6 (got in 2002 but was shared with brother) 3. 1973 Plymouth Barracuda, 'Cuda package, AAR paint, Crager mags, rear air lift suspension (got in 2002) 4. *2004 VW Jetta (acquired via marriage to wife in 2007) 5. *1997 Porsche 911 Carrera 2S (bought in 2012) *still have
Blows my mind that a 335 is 55k if you want decent options on it. Seems like a ripoff to me.I did my first substantial car buy this past year at 28 (97 911 C2S). I wouldn't say it is a luxury car, though.
Got a postcard in the mail. Brooks Bros will have their 30% off with corporate card (just the membership card, not a credit card) next Thursday October 18. It said some exclusions may apply, but didn't list what they might be.
Nice Mopar. Used to have a 73 'Cuda.