or Connect

Posts by deepitm

It's like they just couldn't resist the pun, regardless of how bad the business proposition was.
Never heard of it. Really an awful looking redesign. So awful. Is there any taste in the Middle Eastern car market at all? That is a serious question. All the highly covered media indicates no, but I have only spent limited time in London where a lot of it is taking place and literally no time in the entirety of the Middle East.
ebates doing 15% off a lot of places right now for their anniversary. pretty good kicker.
I was in Scoop NYC this weekend (the Rush St location in Chicago) and they said all their stores are closing. Discounts were pretty whack thus far and everything was final sale, but who knows? Could get good for you or your lady.
Carson Street customer service was meh to me. They fcked up my order 2 out of 3 times I ordered online from there, sending me the wrong stuff. They indeed had good stuff and a good store. But when I went in (only twice), I got the sense it was like a bar where the bartenders' friends are hanging out, hoping to score free drinks and distracting them from their actual jobs. Maybe too much of a scene. Maybe I am an old man, idk.
993 is a great car, but it's not that great. There is a bit of madness going on here in terms of the masses purporting them to be this unicorn. Great car, but like 285 HP. And not built like a tank. Fairly reliable, but parts are getting way more expensive as the cars themselves do. Look how unloved the convertibles are. If the car were really that great, I think the verts would be better bid. ~50-60k can get you a lot of car.993 is vastly better looking than a GTR. I know...
I tried to hit Les Chouettes but I fcked up the timing and they were only doing drinks by the time I arrived (mid afternoon). Looked good though. Then tried to go to Chez Alain Miam Miam in Marche des Enfants Rouges but that line was moving at a snail's pace. Painfully slow. Looked good though. Ate at some garbage doner place instead. Bad choice, whatever I was hungry. Hit up Bistrot Paul Bert (2nd time there). Very good. Would recommend. Solid French cooking. Good...
http://www.wsj.com/articles/quality-woes-a-challenge-for-teslas-high-volume-car-1461093171 http://cleantechnica.com/2016/04/20/tesla-insider-confirms-model-x-production-increase-recent-weeks/
@ramuman I actually don't think people in this thread are crapping on Teslas. No one is saying they aren't cool pieces of engineering. They are, however, offering valid counterpoints as to why Tesla may not live up to the hype or why it faces a lot of hurdles going forward. Personally, I think Teslas are another blobby car. They do nothing for me. I don't really care that much if people love them or hate them though. It's not much of a concern of mine. Not really anything...
The entire country of India would be evidence that no, honking does not decrease stupid driving behavior.