or Connect

Posts by deepitm

I did a lot of shopping around. I cannot handle the idea of overpaying for things. I guess it makes sense since I make a living out of buying things I deem to cheap and selling things I think are dear. After doing all my research, I was prepared to spend ~$15k and had located the ring my wife liked most and decided to buy it from Tiffany & Co. I went in there and thought I could get a ring that was listed at $17k for $15k. Turns out they don't negotiate. (Winston and...
I'll throw my hat in the ring on this (although this is largely focused on Tokyo). This is just excerpted from an e-mail I wrote to some friends: I am not 100% confident on this, but if memory serves me correctly it is very expensive to take a taxi / towncar from NRT into the city (in the order of $200 and that was when the JPY was relatively weak against USD and it has since gotten stronger, so could be up to like $240 USD equivalent now). There are other options, so...
Alcantara is trash. It doesn't really make sense to have it anywhere other than a track-type car, if only b/c it's flame-retardant. Otherwise, it's just, well...retarded.
My friend had a couple sweaters that his gf bought for him that disintegrated within 2 months of purchase. Tons of flaws on that knitwear. This was 2 yrs ago when brand was first starting to get out and knitwear. Things may have improved but the sheer lack of quality that he experienced has deterred me from ever buying anything from them.
I own a Porsche and I hate Panameras. They are hideous. It looks like they just lowered a Cayenne as far as possible.
Bumping this old thread just so people can see the pics of some of those bold, garish prints. Very 70s/80s. Not sure if I would wear them, but I can dig them.
There are a lot of things that are messed up about this story. Most of them have been mentioned. I will mention the unmentioned and perhaps unmentionable and say that the guy who was killed should have been able to save himself, or at least prolong his impending doom. 22 seconds is an eternity. He could have gone in the column area between the 2 tracks. He potentially could have gone to the opposite side of tracks.
Saw an Aston Martin Rapide outside of the Four Seasons Chicago this weekend. Very nice looking 4 door. Much better looking than an A7 or Panamera. I was pretty impressed.
25% off plus free shipping when you buy Eastland shoes online. Ends Dec 23. SEASON4SHOES6 Made in Maine and Eastland 1955 are exempt, unfortunately.
Someone was asking about Barbour on sale. Try getting it with the J Crew code. Should be 30% off if people scored Alden with it.