or Connect

Posts by deepitm

I think the bigger concern for me is the longhaul health of turbo cars. Turbos seem to put strain on an engine and it's just one more thing to go wrong. Often, replacing and removing turbos is no easy feat, sometimes requiring total engine removal. I just feel like these cars could be maintenance nightmares down the road. An older, normally aspirated car only has so much that can go wrong with it.
@TimelesStyle The volvo was in electric blue and it was the V60 so the wagon, not the sedan (S60). The productions are pretty limited. I think the only color options are either electric blue or black.
@Krish the Fish thanks for the input. Helpful. Also, I saw a Volvo V60 Polestar yesterday. Sounded awesome.
Ended up towing it to a different mechanic. Will end up with new quotes and decide from there. I don't think I am gonna do the swap. Anyone here have experience with new Grand Cherokees? My wife is considering it.
Place finally got back to me and quoted me $4700 to replace SMG pump. It is about the same to do the manual swap although that may require a new clutch / flywheel setup, which would be an additional $1400. I called another place (reputable shop) who said $3500 for the SMG pump. I told the first place stop trying to rip me off. We'll see what happens.
Only saw lows in the Balenciagas.
Most Frontline stuff is really good. You can just watch it all on the Frontline website as Netflix only has like 15 different things. In particular, I really enjoyed Death By Fire and A Death in St. Augustine (both on Netflix) as well as The Confessions (on the Frontline site). If you enjoy stuff about wrongful convictions or injustice within the justice system, you will enjoy these pieces.
I was at the Neiman Marcus at Oak Brook Center yesterday and they had a number of high end sneakers on sale including: The Balenciaga low tops like this: http://www.liberty.co.uk/fcp/product/Liberty//White-Embossed-Panel-Leather-Low-Top-Trainers-/113164 I want to say that after an additional 20% off they were sub $200. There were a buncha sizes and basic colors like white, grey, black. Also, they had these Gucci mid sneakers in white with a green snakeskin section at...
Car has 70k miles. It appears the SMG hydraulic unit is shot. An all too common problem with these cars, particularly at this mileage. Still not sure about the manual swap. Manuals are in favor now, in the future when no one is driving stick and cars are driving us, SMG may be a hot commodity. Honestly, I kinda like SMG. I don't care if I catch flak for it. I think living in the city makes an SMG nicer. Working a stick shift in downtown traffic is miserable. Part of the...
@GreenFrog it is SMG. The shop mentioned that they could do that. However, I had the same reservations you did. That said, I plan on keeping the car for a few years.