or Connect

Posts by deepitm

If you guys hate Mad Men so much, then why did you spend untold hours watching the show? Also, were you really watching the show solely in order to see how it ends? Throughout the entire show, I thought it was pretty clear that Mad Men was about the journey and not the destination. I am biased because I loved the show and I am a defender of it. It provided me with many, many hours of entertainment and thought-provoking discussions that related to the show. I think the...
Is electronic steering really that much worse than hydraulic (from the perspective of a true driver's car)? Is the road feel really that much more disconnected? I feel like in modern cars it can't be much different but I don't have much experience with it other than test drives.
I long for another recession as well. Although it wouldn't surprise me if air cooled prices never dropped more than 10% from here. I mean, I think you need to see some real '08 kind of panic to have people dump them in a fire sale.At this point I really have no skin in the game, but I too would be lined up to buy another if prices took a dive.Modern area Porsches will be interesting. I think 997s and 991s will be valuable at some point as Porsche turns to turbocharging...
Anyone know where there are some mutant dairy farms around Chicago? Asking for a friend...
It is ridiculous. I paid 41 for it in summer 2012 and sold it for 77 in spring 2015.
If a friend of mine were looking for a pre-owned 911 right now, I would tell them to get a 997.1. Those things are very dollar cheap and you will probably see max of ~12k of depreciation on it over its life. I think that is absolute worst case scenario. Your main concerns will just be maintenance. If you look hard, you can find one for 30k. It is a great platform on which to do modifications and if you're not looking for a collector's item and you actually want to drive...
Digging that green 911 with the BBS honeycombs and ducktail.
Good ones are tough to find. I was on the hunt for awhile and scooped a few last year. RRL is good but pricey (~$240). Epaulet was doing one last year. Idk if they still do it. I think it was like $140. I also got one from AMI when it was on sale and it's pretty good, although not "authentic." The Levi's regular one kinda sucks, IMO. I tried it on in store and passed. Surprisingly, you will see them on Shop The Finest here and there from like Finamore or something. Idk,...
Started Black Mirror. Enjoying it. It's a welcomed kind of different;
Your bank can generally call and make sure the check is good from the bank who issued it.I believe technically cashier's checks are supposed to be as good as cash. The bank that receives it often takes 1 biz day or more to process it. If you twist their arm and are knowledgeable about what a cashier's check represents (guaranteed funds) it can often be done at time of deposit. Banks try to be assholes. I think we're all aware of that. I also think they would rather collect...