or Connect

Posts by MTLGuy

Hi, I'm getting married this summer and have decided that I want to wear this Ralph Lauren Black Label Shawl Collar Tuxedo - http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=16398946 The only problem is that I can't find it anywhere in Montreal (Harry Rosen doesn't have the shawl collar model and apparently can't get it) and I also can't find it for purchase anywhere online other than ralphlauren.com (I've looked everywhere!), and they only deliver to the U.S. So,...
Quote: Originally Posted by sho'nuff im not sure what the logic is behind this is , but why dont you lace them up and try them for size prior to purchasing something? why is it so many people here will buy something and then question size or style after the fact? that shoe and sock combo is too affected for me. doesnt look natural. it'll make the people at the office look and think "aww, he's trying to get into clothes. aww" He said he was...
Anyone? I consider myself a pretty smart guy but for some reason I am still struggling with this... i.e. detecting canvassing above the chest pocket.
Which last are you looking at in C&J? I don't have any AEs, but I am generally a 9.5D US sizing. I am an 8.5E in the C&J 348 last.
Quote: Originally Posted by TC (Houston) Every once in a while I take a step back and realize that our consumption (meaning that of my wife and I) has gotten completely ridiculous. At what point did we start expecting to have only the very best of everything? The problem is not splurging on a luxurious item here and there, as in, you see something in a store that is nice but more than you planned to spend, but you buy it anyway. The problem is the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Antedote Well, I'm glad that SF members have had the decency to critique the suit with the reserve and tact that typically dominates the forum. You'll be glad to know that: 1. I'm still alive and non-defenestrated. 2. I didn't burn anything. Neither did my mother, who absolutely hated the suit, cuff, and probably me from this point on. 3. I'm still responding, a whole day after I posted the pics, seeing as I've been...
Quote: Originally Posted by TimelesStyle Also, what's bothering me is that, IMO, a Monk should be a bit more elongated and a black dress shoe should be more lustrous, not as matte. Something like this would be much, much better, IMO: http://www.pediwear.co.uk/crockett/products/2699.php +1 These came to mind as a frame of reference as I was typing my initial response.
Quote: Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger Those were the only shots of the tree this year, the others had just the kids, or the tree unlit...the closeups showed the ornaments...you're a mean one... Lol. Not a mean one. Just calling you out (in good humour) for using an xmas tree thread to get your mug out there some more.
Quote: Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger Just chucked mine today, she was a good tree... Since it was our first family tree, it was the first one I had to dispose of, some depressing shit right there. I thought the point of the thread was to post pictures of your xmas tree... not close-ups of your shoes... nor two similar pictures of yourself, neither of which show much of the tree
Quote: Originally Posted by RSS Remember, I've been buying clothing for more years than most of you are old ... 2 times that long given the youthfulness of some members. What do you figure you spend per year now? You must be able to come up with a decent estimate. And what do you do for a living?