or Connect

Posts by Farmgate

Quote: Originally Posted by nsimp Do you look like Brad Pitt? face, no, look like Chuck Baris from the Gong show with a hangover. Body, 5'8 152 lbs. cut.
Quote: Originally Posted by brozeus a teller Actually I represent banks in commercial litigation all over the east coast. Not smart enough to count money.
I really liked Brad Pitt's clothes and specifically the red leather jacket in Fight Club. For some reason, I dislike the red leather jacket as a separate piece, but thought the whole look of his jacket, print shirt and black pants came together well. He looked cool, tough, a little crazy, especially with the orange sunglasses. I am a 9-5 banker type and was thinking of doing a weekend look that's similar but want to use light brown in place of the red leather. I am...
Bought a Zegna last week; my goal was to get it trim and tight, like the Theory suits I've been wearing of late. I didn't want a classic, boxy suit. I wanted it trim, fit suit like the suits Ryan Seacrest/Mad Men are rocking these days. The Zegna was "trim" according to the clerk, and he said, "I wouldn't find one trimmer". Despite the sales clerk's encouragement, I didn't like the shape of the suit in the fitting room (I am a true 38 short and their was about a...
Quote: Originally Posted by deveandepot1 Pics of the Etro shirt? This is not it but a close approximation, with more pink/lavender: http://cgi.ebay.com.hk/450-NWT-Etro-...item3361b765b1 Thanks for your time and advice.
Quote: Originally Posted by SpooPoker I would go SC and trou over a suit to achieve the look you want. sorry, but what's the meaning of "SC" and "trou" ?? Thanks again!
I am trying to spruce up a slate blue Zegna suit with a colorful shirt. I want to wear the ensemble to a business-related cocktail party. I am thinking of wearing a bright, striped Etro shirt under a slate blue Zegna. It's a striped shirt with multiple colors, including pink, dark lavender, a lime green and yellow. I think the shirt looks sporty by itself, but was wondering if it could be worn under a rather prosaic blue slate Zegna? I don't have a picture of...
I saw an ad for Ralph Lauren blue blazers that included a phot of a guy wearing a trim navy blue blazer, single-breast, gold buttons with a black turtle neck and black pants. Sorry I can't post. What do you think of this arrangement? It broke all the rules but looked fine.
Quote: Originally Posted by niidawg3 lol .. good thing i am bored at home and randomly popped into this thread. yes - 15 miles on the bike every lunch hour ... down 40lbs since March. trying to lose 10 more hopefully ... but its become really hard. anyway, back to foxx's question - i think the quality of shoes, a dashing tie and a ps will dispel any notions. most security guards i see wear ill fitting jackets anyways, so as long as the jacket fits...
I will be attending a business conference next month, with wall-to-wall CEO's. I expect that afterhours I will be attending parties and casual events. I really hate wearing dress pants and dress shirts to these events, and have decided to keep the suit on. My goal is to look casual, and ready for fun, yet slightly refined, rakish. I expect some of the events to be cocktail parties that end up in high end dance clubs. I have a new navy blue Zegna that is trim,...