or Connect

Posts by Farmgate

Quote: Originally Posted by Icehawk You might if you lived somewhere more fashion oriented and where 49 isn't ancient. I'm not a huge fan of the material/color from what I can see, it seems a little too "clubby", but based on the OP's intent I think a jacket of this style is what he is looking for. I'd look for something with a bit less sheen or flash so you can get more utility out of it - I have a nice blue with overcheck SC I use as my go-to for...
Quote: Originally Posted by fcuknu no but i will now sir
I am trying to incorporate a slim black suit into my wardrobe, as a casual look to wear to parties and out about town. Is this a stylish look, with the slim black suit, black vest over white tee? Or does it look like badass wannabe? Here it is: http://www.sneakoutfitters.com/Men-s...azer-p257.html I know how many of you feel about black suits, but the inclusioon of the vest, white tee IMHO give the black suit an updated, slightly cool look. Does anyone agree...
Quote: Originally Posted by Icehawk What do you want it for? I do not wear suits for work but have a couple of casual/modern sport coats I will wear on occassion when the mood hits me or when we are going out. Some of depends on age, locale, etc too - what flies in NYC isn't the same as South Beach. I really like the one totally unstructured jacket I have as it feels very natural. I am 49, slim, looking for something to throw on for...
Quote: Originally Posted by ismelllikepoop dont really get how people are passing judgment looking at two photos that dont really show much. i cant tell the difference between this and any other casual gray blazer just from the pictures. but i guess like the boss threads that are out there, JV is not a popular brand on these forums. if u've tried it on and like it get it, if you didn't then don't. There are plenty of different blazers to wait for one...
I found this John Varvatos wool sports jacket, unstructured, decent fit, machine washable. The back collar creeps up the back of my neck slightly, and the sleeves are about an inch too long. It is a bluish silver-gray known as "Concrete Heather": http://www1.bloomingdales.com/catalo...xx.esn_results The front chest area, under my arm is kind of full. I am 5'8 155 lbs. The tailor said he could tighten it up, but is limited because it is unstructured. I am...
I don't have a movie still from Tron Legacy, but in the Encom corporate board meeting, near the beginning of the film, one of the board members wears a navy blue vest with a slightly lighter, high-quality dark blue shirt. I thought the overall effect was trendy, cool, very avant, but then again, this was hollywood, and Disney. I know that the dark suit/dark shirt combination is frowned upon here at SF, but was wondering if a) anyone has seen the movie, and b) even if...
I am trying to find a black, unstructured sportscoat to wear with jeans or casually; does anyone know of a well-constructed jacket for under $1,000 that looks elegant, drapes naturally and fits in with a casual look that includes jeans? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Quote: Originally Posted by ter1413 what's the problem???? Not really a problem, in fact, this has been a very productive year. Still, I am amazed at how swiftly we've gone from a very boring, conservative legal shop, to a Prada fashion show in literally 12 weeks. Having labored in Introductory Sociology and Psychology, I think I'm on to something, and my concern is, frankly, that these ladies are not getting enough attention at home, or...
My nice, quiet law office has become Project Runway, overnight, and I need some insight and advice. By way of explanation, for years, the ladies labored in this firm in relative stealth, in fashionable, but conservative dress. But within the past few weeks, however, I have noticed a dramatic trend in everyone's dress and hair styling. Dresses are low cut in some cases, expensive and short. The purses come from LV. The heels are getting higher. The ladies with...