or Connect

Posts by Farmgate

Quote: Originally Posted by NameBack "Clubbing" at 45+ is mostly creeper status Note that "clubbing" is not the same thing as "ending up at a club." If you've got some younger friends/co-workers and they want to go out to a club, and you want to socialize, that's fine. But if so, honestly my advice is to dress your age. Much better to not look like you're an old dude trying to go hard with the youngsters -- just be like "yeah I'm 47, fuck of it? My...
Quote: Originally Posted by mkarim A neon green shirt?? You're 45, not 15. Why are you going clubbing at over 45? I work with a bunch of 20-29 year olds. When on business conferences, I sometimes find myself at a table in a club. Yes, I am ordering the bottles for the whole table, etc. The music is great, the crowds are mixed and I typically enjoy the experience. Lately I have gone to a few clubs with my wife, and again, there is just...
I am over 45 and look about 39, slim and fit, and will be clubbing in NYC, Toronto and other cities this spring and summer. As much as I like stylish clothing for clubs, I am aftraid I will look like "that guy" who just couldn't let go... I saw them all the time in the mid-seventies, when I was young: the long sideburns, the Beatle hair and bell bottom dress pants. Anyway I don't want to be that guy. I was thinking that a real slim and fitted suit, and impecable...
I am in need of advice...I am thinking of buying a Billy Reid suit. It's light brown/white stripes and at a distance, it looks almost tan or Khaki. This is the cotton suit shown in March GQ, page 191. If I am light olive skinned: can I wear this suit? Sorry I don't know my "colors". What kind of shirt can I wear as I am olive complected. Thanks in advance for your suggestions and advice.
I need a lightweight summer jacket to wear casually, before and after dinner. I located a high end seersucker blazer and have tried it on in the store, and it feels like silk. The $1,500 price tag is a problem and I might have to go to cheaper alternatives. Here is the link: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...734cat11940745 I was wondering if I can wear the updated seersucker by Zegna with some hipper, cool polo shirts, light pants and burgandy moccasins, and...
I am thinking of buying these Zellis, which are on sale for less than $200. They're lighter brown in natural light: http://hansensclothing.com/display.asp?id=8764 Is the fashion forward split toe look ok for someone under 40? The suit is cut slim. Also, will I be able to wear them with dark gray trousers? Thanks for any advice.
In Fight Club, there's a moment in the film where the narrator asks, "If you wake up in a different time , in a different place, could you also wake up as a different person?" At that moment, Ed Norton is on a conveyer belt walkway in an airport, dark suit. Coming in the opposite direction is Brad Pitt, stone gray casual suit, bright yellow shirt, and blood red Oliver Peoples sunglasses. In my opinion, it's one of the coolest intros in film history. Sorry, I don't...
Order your soup! Then move to the left!
I am wearing a pair of Banana Republic slim fit cotton pants to work, in a dark shade of gray, and I am trying to decide what to wear with them. My first inclination was a black armani button down shirt; now I am thinking that dark look is too dull and tired, especially in daylight. I am trying for a more bright, sunny ensemble to complement the gray pants. I was wondering if a white dress shirt, charcoal skinny tie and pair of casual black ankle boots would look...
Just wondering what the experts think of this combination: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...734cat11940745 It's a slim black jacket over highly distressed jeans, cut up a bit. Thanks for any opinions.